The HORROR! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tank-traps all over the place. On hills in switchbacks, backing up drainage and making a gawd-awful mud hole.

Is this fair/legal/moral/ethical for the Forest Service to keep doing this? It certainly isn't safe or genuinely in the public interest.
No notice on the website, no signage, no room to safely turn around.

Urban-dwellers have their museums and publicly-funded municipal dogparks. Leave our freakin forest service roads alone! Man, this steamed my broccoli yesterday. It's our land, our taxes.

100_3483.jpg

100_3506.jpg

100_3511.jpg

YouTube - Tennmogger stuck at tank-trap in soft mud

Last edited:
I'll call you later today, this is very disappointing!

WHere was this at in NC?

It's where we went the first week of April. I think you were in Fl and missed this one.

I was planning to head up there in a few weeks :frown:; are all of the trails affected or have some been left open...... I am trying to decide if it is worth the trip now.

regardless I offically hate the FS now :mad:

Last edited:
Don't know for sure but as I understand it things are changing fast with additional blockages coming in the very near future. It would be good to get some experienced eyes on the place as HD has only been up there this past trip only and can't compare to what the vets already know. From what I understand the typical route (CF Rd.) has been tank trapped amongst others. It sounds like the traps as of Saturday were at the tops of the roads and perhaps will be at the bottoms very soon if not already in some cases. Apparently the locals are beside themselves with the changes as well. If you go please give us a report with pics

Don't know for sure but as I understand it things are changing fast with additional blockages coming in the very near future. It would be good to get some experienced eyes on the place as HD has only been up there this past trip only and can't compare to what the vets already know. From what I understand the typical route (CF Rd.) has been tank trapped amongst others. It sounds like the traps as of Saturday were at the tops of the roads and perhaps will be at the bottoms very soon if not already in some cases. Apparently the locals are beside themselves with the changes as well. If you go please give us a report with pics

If they close down that whole area it would be such a loss..... wish I could get up there sooner to check things out. There are many other access points besides CF but it doesn't sound good at this point :crybaby:

agreed to other access but I'm sure those have to be on the list as well.

Last edited:
So the one place that everybody loves is now getting shut down.... WTF, I haven't even made it out there yet, I was looking at going in october :mad:

You may have had it with the NFS. I've about had it with this entire country. Time to move.

I'm still confused on where this is. XXXXXXX?

Last edited by a moderator:
You may have had it with the NFS. I've about had it with this entire country. Time to move.

I'm still confused on where this is. XXXXXXX?

There are no specifics for a reason so please, NO names. PM sent

Last edited:
Where are we moving to then Jason, I hear New Zeland is lovely this time of year ;)

I plan to go back soon and scout some more; hopefully will hook up with the local guy in the Sammy again.
Anybody that wants to go, Ted and Andrew have my number & email. Not sure when but I'd like to go again soon.

Nucking Futz!! This is crazy! Last I heard, one of the locals ($out lives in Sylva) said he talked to a ranger and they said things were cool, but to stay off the closed trails. At the time he only encountered one tank trap IIRC.

Be back in a minute with a link...
OK, so it wasn't $out that talked to the OHV guy, but delta21 who did.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/sc-upstate-cruisers/294538-bad-news-about-caney-fork.html

Last edited:
Rick, I had Ted on the phone Sunday afternoon and told him where the traps were. I hope that the east side of the trails stay unaffected but only time will tell.
I guess the people on that other thread didn't go through the central section.

Never really on this board but im pretty sure I know where yall are talking bout and if it gets closed im going to be very disappointed! Thats one of my favorite places to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom