The HORROR! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't read most of this thread, But I get the idea. With the clubs I currently ride with, there are a lot of talks with the FS. Any trail maintenance is coordinated with FS. Anyone who plans to operate chain saw has to take the FS course and recieve their license. If the FS knows that a club is going to take care of the land, they are usually willing to work with the club. Course they add a lot of restrictions. IE no new trails, limited water crossings etc.

If the FS knows that a club is going to take care of the land, they are usually willing to work with the club.

Very dependent on who within the FS you are working with. I have left 1 message with a FS employee about trail maintenance and she followed up with me immediately and did everything she could to get the group out I was representing but unfortunately she did not have any full-size truck trails. I'm probably going to contact her again and do whatever I can to help maintain trails in her district, but they will probably be foot trails and graded, dirt roads. :)

Another FS employee whose district had plenty of full-size truck trails/FS roads was near impossible to work with and I gave up after probably a year or more of trying. Same thing happened with the same FS employee with another individual who tried to pick up where I left off. :frown:

Like almost anything - it depends on who you are working with and if they want to work with you.

Maybe we should all get jobs with the FS then we could change things from the inside out. One thing to remember when dealing with the Gov follow the money trail.

Maybe we should all get jobs with the FS then we could change things from the inside out. One thing to remember when dealing with the Gov follow the money trail.

no doubt. this is a true travesty, one of the most beautiful and remote places you'll find in the SE and now it's only accessible by foot.

just a teaser from days gone by, brings a tear to my eye.
GA Cruisers 2009 Event02.jpg

so does this one
dave picking it up.jpg
GA Cruisers 2009 Event02.jpg
dave picking it up.jpg

Any new info on this? Haven't read the entire thread, but I live in Blairsville and this sounds close. I would be interested to find out where exactly this is to keep an eye out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom