The Great ONSC Gun Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't some states have a "one handgun per month" limit? I think VA used to.

That seems like not enough. Illinois has VERY restrictive gun laws.

I have heard the way to stop all this is through reducing or stopping ammo sales. I am not for or against any of it, just saying. This is the same way the government could stop gas burning cars. Just turn off the gas supply.

If you are trading in 32 guns you bought in retail, losing $X per trade in or sale, then "economically" you are crazy and it should point to the fact that you have bad intentions.
Bad intentions? only towards your bank account; you're still only left with one at a time in my scenario. 33 new guns at retail prices might point to something, though.

And, new or used...it's still a vehicle. Or still a gun. What would that have to do with it?

Bad intentions? only towards your bank account; you're still only left with one at a time in my scenario. 33 new guns at retail prices might point to something, though.

And, new or used...it's still a vehicle. Or still a gun. What would that have to do with it?

I was going to offer my very compelling and entertaining economic rebuttal to my own argument, but you are too fast @JohnVee :)

To your point, people are self-interested and economically motivated, so they would just buy the guns elsewhere.

This guy had time and money, so he could have even bought new 80% lowers and built them out, in theory, under the radar of any 5 gun limit.

Also, do we really want people who want to buy 33 guns to go buy them on the grey market or secondary market? Would it be better to "see" them more easily via retail?

I have heard the way to stop all this is through reducing or stopping ammo sales. I am not for or against any of it, just saying. This is the same way the government could stop gas burning cars. Just turn off the gas supply.
Yep. I fear we have both of those to look forward to one day. One of them long before the other. There's been talk of a "bullet tax" for years, and some people think the ammo shortages of the last 5 years were a market test of sorts. But yeah, force the supply of a critical component to effectively dry up...major impact.

Problem with the ammo supply theory is that a full magazine can last even a cretin a long time. And there's already a large black market for bullets on the streets of every city with very restrictive laws and few Walmarts. But I bet the thugs would have better aim if it was $20 per shot!

no, not a rush listener, saw it pop up on yahoo news when i was looking for something else during a conf call

I'm trying to sell my sig p229 in the ONSC classifieds but wanted to get some opinions on value. I bought it in CA in 2001 and I've fired less than 300 rounds through it. Chambered in .40 S&W but can be converted to .357 by just changing the barrel, frame is German, slide is US, DA/SA. Anyone want to give the value a guess before I get down to the gunsmith for an appraisal? Whoever's closest to the appraisal value gets dibs! :D

** Edit **
Apparently not SAS.

sig4.jpg

sig1.jpg

Last edited:
Got the exact same pistola, probably could get $500-550 depending on what comes with it, extra mags, extra grips, upgraded sights, etc...

The only ones that have any quasi value to them are the West German ones or the early pistols that have the German proof marks on them. Then maybe $700-1500 depending on the model and vintage.

Beautiful pistol regardless, accurate and reliable. Just a little nose heavy IMO with that fat stainless slide compared to the 228 which has a little better balance.

Mine with its brothers;)

IMG_1133.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom