The Great ONSC Gun Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What kind of case is that? Pelican or Patriot?

My friend owns Patriot if you ever need anything from them.

AR 15 Case, Pistol Case, Gun Cases, Rifle Cases

It’s a Pelican 1495, technically a laptop case. Love them because they have a 3 digit combo lock built in. Wish they were a little deeper though, the folding stock is definitely snug.

Just checked out Patriot, their cases/foam look fantastic. Will definitely try their cases next time.

Do you know if they’ll cut custom foam for a Pelican case as well? I’ve got two that need to be done and have been looking for a good shop.

Finished up two new uppers,

A MK18 upper, pretty much all Colt Block II mods with a few tweaks. Colt 14.5” SOCOM heavy barrel cut to 10.3, Geissele gas block, SLR nitrided gas tube, and the Surefire Closed Tine flash hider instead of the 4-prong hider for running the can.

Other is an M4 upper, 11.5 heavy barrel and SLR lowpro pinned has block and gas tube, URX rail, QDSS flash hider and Doctor red dot.

Gonna take them to the range Monday and break them in and run them full auto and see how they shoot;)

D71C8375-C6D3-47B4-85C2-83F3A6A571A2.jpeg

Last edited:
nice...we are gonna need moar pics of this beauty.

Here we go...

95162420-45F5-46BA-B900-B764363E3DB6.jpeg

Primarily BCM internals and furniture, upper was BCM as well but the tolerances were too tight for the removeble barrel. A few specs:

- LAW Tactical Folding Adapter
- Dolos Removable Barrel Adapter & Keymod Rail
- Trijicon TA11 with Larue QD
- Geissele SSA-E
- BCM 16” ELW Fluted Barrel

A new addition to the doo-dad collection. New closed tine Surefire Warcomp. I was out function checking a couple of new uppers I built up and decided to give it a whirl on my HK 416 upper.

First impressions, does a good job combating muzzle rise. Did sets of hammer pairs and the follow ups were quick. Ran it full auto 4-6 round bursts and it kept level and mostly center mass, still wanted to pull to the right though.

Never been a muzzle brake guy, but I like it;)

IMG_1140.JPG

So are there 2 pairs of three holes on top that break?

So are there 2 pairs of three holes on top that break?

I think so. I’m on the road, but 6 total IIRC.

The original 3 prong Warcomp has 8 holes IIRC and the 2 extra holes are down further on the right side of the FH, favoring right handed people.

The closed tine version have the holes oriented for straight up, doesn’t favor right or left.

I hopefully can hit an outdoor range and get some sustained full auto bursts in and see how it does:hmm:

4FCF7062-9444-4891-AF2D-E20DE3610D03.jpeg

I am considering going to a Glock 43 ONLY and selling my Glock 19 and Glock 17. I also have a LOT of stuff that goes with them.

Slotted gauges are great for testing rounds prior to firing. They were kind of must-have's for 300 BLK a few years back.

Sheridan Engineering

Glock stuff for sale:

• Glock brand 33 Rnd Magazines - SOLD
  • Trijicon Bright & Tough Night Sights Suppressor Series - Orange Rear / Green Front - Used - - Model 600650 - $75
  • Lone Wolf Glock 17L Stainless Barrel with Threaded End and Thread protector - Can be used on Glock 17 and 34 as well. 1/2x28 thread pattern. - $80

Glock 17, Grey Body Gen 4, Like New with Factory Box and all contents as new purchased. Fired about ~20 Rounds through barrel and another 30 rounds through a different barrel. ~$425 - - SOLD for $440 via Armslist

Glock 19, Black Body Gen 3, Factory Nickel Boron Slide and Barrel with Factory box and all contents as new purchased. Fired about 100 rounds through gun, of which only a couple through barrel (used other barrels). Trijicon Night Sites ~$525 - Now comes with IWB Crossbreed Holster and Extra Mags.

Last edited:
It’s a Pelican 1495, technically a laptop case. Love them because they have a 3 digit combo lock built in. Wish they were a little deeper though, the folding stock is definitely snug.

Just checked out Patriot, their cases/foam look fantastic. Will definitely try their cases next time.

Do you know if they’ll cut custom foam for a Pelican case as well? I’ve got two that need to be done and have been looking for a good shop.

I talked to Patriot Cases and they cut foam for Pelican cases all the time. He can do other size cases as well.

Replacement Foam Set for SKB/Pelican/Storm/Plano Rifle Cases | Patriot Cases

They are looking for product ideas for the offroad/overland world. He specifically mentioned making products out of hard foam, that are normally wood, aluminum, or steel.

Couple updates:

1. Broke my Benelli SBE 2 down and checked for packaging grease, cleaned magazine, bolt, trigger assemble, etc with CLP. Took the stock apart and put in the shims that raised the barrel a bit. Really feels like it is ready to go now! Need to break it in a bit with some bigger shells vs my typical clays loads. Need to also check the pattern and for accuracy before wasting $$ at a clays course :) Also purchased a new sling for it from Blue Force Gear - shotgun sling.

20171102_192913.jpg

2. Got a Glock 43 - used, but supposedly never fired, in Grey body (not my favorite) with a OWB holster and 50 rounds FMJ for a great price. Swapped out sites to Trijicon glow sites. Found a new threaded barrel for sale for half price on Armslist from a guy up in Winston Salem and he mailed it to me today. Did a full cleaning and also removed packing grease (copper looking stuff). Fired a few test rounds with the silencer - looks like a winner, but still wish I could keep at least the Glock 19 :)

20171102_193206.jpg
20171102_193315.jpg

Guys.

This hard foam can be used for anything. Brack just needs dimensions of what you need.

Brack Wilson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom