The Great ONSC Gun Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm a huge fanboy of Jerry Miculek having witnessed 1st hand his skills in a national level revolver match and 3-gun. I've been watching him develop this product, who knows why I'd need a softer shooting AR but, I hadn't done any upgrades to my 3-gun/home-defense/SHTF AR.

Gives me an excuse to go shooting this week, giving it a function check with a few rounds thru it... :cool:

tempImageR03J0K.png

tempImagefKrm6n.png

tempImage4xPqYd.png

tempImagemBofTi.png

I've never seen him in -person but watch a lot of his videos... Dude. Can. Shoot.
Would be interested in hearing your feedback on the buffer...

Saw this the other day and my jaw is still on the floor:

I've never seen him in -person but watch a lot of his videos... Dude. Can. Shoot.
Would be interested in hearing your feedback on the buffer...

Saw this the other day and my jaw is still on the floor:

Thanks for sharing that, I'd missed that one. I can get lost on his channel and his skillset, his daughter is getting as good.

I am sure most have seen or heard something about the shooting on set involving Alec Baldwin. I have a few questions I'd like opinions on from other gun owners.

1.Why was/is there live ammunition on a set at all?
2.What is the chain of responsibility of a prop fire arm and who ultimately determines it is un loaded when handing it to the actor using it on set?
3.As an actor I would still check any weapon I was handed no matter what I was told, would you?

I was raised to consider all weapons loaded even when I know they are not, period. My cynical mind also asks how and WHY a live round found it's way into a prop gun. A lot of odd circumstances for what should be a over controlled aspect of shooting a movie.

Stan, they need to just stop calling it a prop. It was a real firearm, with real loads. I wonder what went down for him to shoot through her, and into him. My guess, since she was the director of photography, she was lining up the shot, rehearsing. he pulled the trigger,.and bad stuff happened

People think "prop" means fake. Nobody ever mentions the 'prop' microwave in the kitchen on a tv show. Or the 'prop' pen, or couch. Those are all props and they are all usually real, functioning items. There are special people who are responsible for those items; they're called property masters. The ones who handle firearms are usually different from the ones who handle everything else due to the inherent dangers of having an actual firearm on a set with so many people who might have access. These people fiercely guard and control these firearms because they are NOT fake. Their careers are on the line if an accident happens or even if a chain of custody is broken.

I'm curious to see what the deal is when they announce the type of projectile that killed the unfortunate lady. Perhaps actual real rounds were being used some reason - if so, then the entire blame lies on the person pulling the trigger as they would have 100% known fully well that they were holding a charged firearm. Okay, perhaps some blame might go to the property master or trainer or handler for not stressing the common proper safety protocol of keeping the finger off the trigger, if it can be proven that they failed in that regard. So many variables that we don't have answers to right now.

I just hope that this situation doesn't turn into a campaign to aid the anti-gun crowd. My belief is that movies are make believe so that means that the actors in them are literally playing with guns when using them in the production of a movie. And what's rule number 1?...never play with a gun.

I'm a huge fanboy of Jerry Miculek having witnessed 1st hand his skills in a national level revolver match and 3-gun. I've been watching him develop this product, who knows why I'd need a softer shooting AR but, I hadn't done any upgrades to my 3-gun/home-defense/SHTF AR.

Gives me an excuse to go shooting this week, giving it a function check with a few rounds thru it... :cool:

View attachment 2786954

View attachment 2786955

View attachment 2786956

View attachment 2786957

Is this a 2-stage buffer weight that uses magnets to ‘crush’ / act like a shock absorber on your car?

-Or does this slip into the BCG & add mass & again compression/slow recoil prior to buffer weight going to full compression inside the buffer tube?

What cartridge do you run/ looks like no suppression so no extra back-gas loading, just curious….. ???

(Think I see a bull barrel / small frame - are you in the 5.56/.30 cal range, or you in 6.8+ to .458 -range?)

Jerry wouldn’t endorse silly stuff, just wondering context / result.

Is this a 2-stage buffer weight that uses magnets to ‘crush’ / act like a shock absorber on your car?

-Or does this slip into the BCG & add mass & again compression/slow recoil prior to buffer weight going to full compression inside the buffer tube?

What cartridge do you run/ looks like no suppression so no extra back-gas loading, just curious….. ???

(Think I see a bull barrel / small frame - are you in the 5.56/.30 cal range, or you in 6.8+ to .458 -range?)

Jerry wouldn’t endorse silly stuff, just wondering context / result.

Here is a link to a 3rd party review...Yes, magnets that oppose each other, adjustable by increasing/decreasing distance between the magnets to create more/less magnetic force against each other to absorb the recoil.

I've still not been to the range to shoot/tune, yes, bull barrel, some inexpensive .223 loads to ensure function and I'll run a mag of higher pressure after it functions well on the lower pressure to double check functioning of the new part.

Another review but biased by the distributor

People think "prop" means fake. Nobody ever mentions the 'prop' microwave in the kitchen on a tv show. Or the 'prop' pen, or couch. Those are all props and they are all usually real, functioning items. There are special people who are responsible for those items; they're called property masters. The ones who handle firearms are usually different from the ones who handle everything else due to the inherent dangers of having an actual firearm on a set with so many people who might have access. These people fiercely guard and control these firearms because they are NOT fake. Their careers are on the line if an accident happens or even if a chain of custody is broken.

I'm curious to see what the deal is when they announce the type of projectile that killed the unfortunate lady. Perhaps actual real rounds were being used some reason - if so, then the entire blame lies on the person pulling the trigger as they would have 100% known fully well that they were holding a charged firearm. Okay, perhaps some blame might go to the property master or trainer or handler for not stressing the common proper safety protocol of keeping the finger off the trigger, if it can be proven that they failed in that regard. So many variables that we don't have answers to right now.

I just hope that this situation doesn't turn into a campaign to aid the anti-gun crowd. My belief is that movies are make believe so that means that the actors in them are literally playing with guns when using them in the production of a movie. And what's rule number 1?...never play with a gun.

Wasn't there word that yes, the gun was real, but was shooting 'blanks'....and that there is a small chance that pieces of the blank can get stuck in the barrel and the force of the next blank firing forces the previously shattered blank pieces out of the barrel as a high speed projectile....this is the idea I heard? I just find it hard to believe that a real live round found its way onto a movie set and was not caught by one person. Blanks and live rounds look different.

Wasn't there word that yes, the gun was real, but was shooting 'blanks'....and that there is a small chance that pieces of the blank can get stuck in the barrel and the force of the next blank firing forces the previously shattered blank pieces out of the barrel as a high speed projectile....this is the idea I heard? I just find it hard to believe that a real live round found its way onto a movie set and was not caught by one person. Blanks and live rounds look different.
Hard to believe but it was worse that that. Apparently this was the 3rd "accidental discharge" on that set.

also...
"Sheriff Adan Mendoza revealed that the gun fired by Baldwin was a FD Pietta long Colt .45 revolver, and it has been recovered and submitted to the FBI. Also recovered was the shell casing and “lead projectile” from the suspected live round that was fired. The bullet was recovered from director Joel Souza’s shoulder, and it was “apparently the same round” that killed Halyna Hutchins. Other suspected live rounds were also collected on the set, along with blanks and dummies. "

I read somewhere that they had been "plinking" (their words) using the prop guns and live ammo during down times. Definitely a failure to keep a safe environment

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I ordered these in March '21 and they finally delivered today. They recommended the 300BLK specific mags so I found thise in the past year as well.

Happy to get upgraded ammo in the home defense tool...

20220214_180839.jpg

Dang…a whole year!!! Hope you got more than 1 box; or can zero with 2 rounds or less 😉

Dang…a whole year!!! Hope you got more than 1 box; or can zero with 2 rounds or less 😉
Yeah, a really niche round so I'm sure they were focused on more popular items throughout the ammo shortage. I bought enough for a couple mags for home defense and then a few more to test on the range. I have a decent supply of 300BLK but wanted the hunting round built for my barrel twist and length. They weren't obscene but not plinking cheap either.

You know you are getting old if the better half asks you if you are ever going to fire the new AR you got last year before you left for out West and do not remember buying it or believe her. She then takes on out of the safe and you are like darn, I guess I really did.

Anyone have a Kimber 45 ACP need a couple Mags? KimPro Tac-mag
The do not work in my Pro Carry II

Free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom