the DSRTRDR is getting some TLC . . . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One of my all time favorite pics;

crack!.jpg

It is in good hands.:cheers:
crack!.jpg

:popcorn: Keeping the dwindling CSC 40 contingent in the running:cheers:

I can't wait to see this thing when it's done!---It's gotta be good.

since then, I have sold off the rear ConFer bench

Bench went to a good home (mine)!

Congrats on the project, I'll sneak over and check on it.....

Best looking mechanics on 'Mud.
image-3090513648.jpg
image-1628422015.jpg

Don't fix it up so much that you will be afraid to take it wheeling! Good luck.
This one made me chuckle, as did the term 'frame-off'...
and - we got sill - sorta . . .

stay tuned . . .

Tell Tools to just weld the 'sill' not just to the tub, but to the bumper, that'll save us the bother with body mounts :hillbilly:

And for the record: I want the diamond plate back at the corners...

This one made me chuckle, as did the term 'frame-off'...

technically speaking, the rear of the truck already was pretty much off the frame - there wasn't much left to hold it on :lol:

Tell Tools to just weld the 'sill' not just to the tub, but to the bumper, that'll save us the bother with body mounts :hillbilly:

has been discussed . . . :hillbilly:

uh uh . . .

Last edited:

Then,,, what to do with the body mount kit that is already here?:hillbilly:

Agree, kinda, maybe? It has become somewhat Claudia's signature, rebelling against the common Mud preference. Would be easier from a finish/paint/etc perspective. But,, it's also a good opportunity to get rid of it? I'm :meh: about it.:hillbilly:

A few more before pix. The trail observation (rear of the tub bouncing around) was confirmed, there was nothing behind the seats holding the tub on. The bed mounts, still haven't removed the bolts.:hillbilly:
Sill_3.jpg
Sill_4.jpg

How we left it, Fit is looking good. For the square tube, 1/8" likely would have been good, 3/16" overkill, 1/4" takes a ton of work/grinding to fit. We used 3x3" tube, the stock sill was ~2 1/4" so will net ~3/4" of body lift, the extra room will come in handy for the other planned mods. More metal will be coming off the quarters, just there now to use in fitting.
Sill_8.jpg

...1/8" likely would have been good, 3/16" overkill, 1/4" takes a ton of work/grinding to fit . . .

sorry :eek:

I can use the weight in the back to counter the winch, though :hillbilly:

comma, dude :p

they figgered a lot already on Rootbeer and Raul that we can benefit from :hillbilly:

:cool:

Last edited:
How we left it, Fit is looking good. For the square tube, 1/8" likely would have been good, 3/16" overkill, 1/4" takes a ton of work/grinding to fit. We used 3x3" tube, the stock sill was ~2 1/4" so will net ~3/4" of body lift, the extra room will come in handy for the other planned mods. More metal will be coming off the quarters, just there now to use in fitting.

I really like this solution. I have yet to mount the rear body mounts on mine since I moved the tub over to the new frame. I made my rear bumper so that it is half under the tub and half out. Plagiarism, best form of flattery..going to take some measurements of my own. :grinpimp:

progress was made :)

and yes, I removed all my Cruise Moab stickers :crybaby: I sure hope Rising Sun can re-supply me
sticker removal.jpg

Last edited:
tailgate test fitting and marking for mounting bolt holes

cutting of access windows into the overkill sill for rear access to the mounting bolt holes and bodymounts

rear frame painted :D
tailgate test fit.jpg
access windows.jpg
frame painting.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom