The Beer Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I may have found my GOAT

Takes a lot for me to say that. Rarely will a beer just grab a hold of me like that since i've tried maybe 5000+ different beers in my life so i've normally tried something that is comparable before. This beer though is so far above all its peers in the BBA niche market its not even funny. So good I could just keep drinking it forever but at 14% there is a limit.... also the price isn't the cheapest.

upload_2019-1-3_10-50-21.png

Haven't tried it in the bottle but had it on tap and have a full 32oz crowler that i'll most likely open with Andrea this weekend. If you guys can find this out there grab it. Not sure if Fremont sells in NC or not but I seem to remember getting some of their stuff there in Charlotte before.

I may have found my GOAT

Takes a lot for me to say that. Rarely will a beer just grab a hold of me like that since i've tried maybe 5000+ different beers in my life so i've normally tried something that is comparable before. This beer though is so far above all its peers in the BBA niche market its not even funny. So good I could just keep drinking it forever but at 14% there is a limit.... also the price isn't the cheapest.

View attachment 1869297

Haven't tried it in the bottle but had it on tap and have a full 32oz crowler that i'll most likely open with Andrea this weekend. If you guys can find this out there grab it. Not sure if Fremont sells in NC or not but I seem to remember getting some of their stuff there in Charlotte before.
With that strong of a recommendation I will have to get a taste of it. I will look for it next time I am out west.

With that strong of a recommendation I will have to get a taste of it. I will look for it next time I am out west.
I think its a summer time release for bottles, most likely a sell out same day type of thing. I'll post up if I hear about this years release. I think the local bottle shop had been hoarding 2 kegs of the stuff for NYE.

580 Craft Brew is re-opening Tuesday 1/8 with three of their new beers from the new Pittsboro Brewery, Thirsty Skull. Pretty cool to watch the guys get this going and the beer they are making is really GOOD. Kegs only right now, but at different places around town to include Bottle Rev and Highcraft Beer Market.

In other beer news, 4 years ago Stone became the only independently owned US craft beer brewery to open a brewery over seas with Stone Berlin. At the end of last year they opened a second in Shanghai. So this makes Stone 2 rest of US craft brewing 0.

This is a model for growth and success that I wish other craft brews would take instead of taking that call from In-Bev

Mural from their Chinese brewery

51028546_10156861702382432_6984387151450341376_n.png

Dollar off day at goofyfoot... a few ive never seen before came home with me. Unfortunately i missed out on Jeffs coffee IPA.

9D7984CC-CCB0-403F-B2EE-410A428CC056.jpeg

Few things when I was heading home and hit up Bottle Rev in Morrisville. The Lagunitas is really good.

20190130_192323.jpg

Isn't that lagunitas like 9 or 10% ?

James and i had some one day and were like whoa. Not quite the Daywrecker from weyerbacher strong but still potent, and yet still very drinkable.

I like that Super Cluster. I wanna say it was in the 7's? The Lo Pitch was a damn fine $2 bottle at the local Chinese place. Walk next door to HT and it's an $11 6-pk! They also have the Hi Pitch that's a little higher ABV.

I finally had some Dogfishhead 75 Minute Ale today - really good. They also added an Elysian Space Dust keg. 8.5% of behave yourself/don't order a third.

I like that Super Cluster. I wanna say it was in the 7's? The Lo Pitch was a damn fine $2 bottle at the local Chinese place. Walk next door to HT and it's an $11 6-pk! They also have the Hi Pitch that's a little higher ABV.

I finally had some Dogfishhead 75 Minute Ale today - really good. They also added an Elysian Space Dust keg. 8.5% of behave yourself/don't order a third.

Agree on all accounts

Low pitch is delicious but not a 10.99 6er and last weekend is twice now that elysian got me in trouble before i saw the 8.2%.

The 75 is great..... you should look for the lupulin dust truth serum ipa as well. Was way tasty.

Super Cluster says 8%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom