The angry pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still waiting for the turbo to show up for the other 55 so I decided to finish the exhaust on this one.Still need to button up a few things then send it out to get JetHot coated.

top.jpg

side.jpg

back.jpg

Now I can tear out the dash and firewall to start on the wiring for the new gauges and install the new pedals.

Definitely couldn't run a carb engine in that car.

WHAT. AND COVER UP THOSE PURTY WELDS.:)

The headers and Y – pipe are steel everything else is stainless steel only because that’s what I had here at the shop. The original plan was to build everything from stainless but after talking to the guys at Trent Fab they say they send everything out to get coated regardless of the base material to so we decided to make the headers from steel to save a few $$$. Apparently the stainless is much harder to keep looking good than the coated stuff.

Definitely couldn't run a carb engine in that car.

Give me time and I’ll figure a way to go backwards, it is a 55 after all!

Good Job! That thing is going to be fun.

Thank you Ron:beer::beer:

Gauges just showed up, now if I can stop braking my other pig I could work on this one..
gauges.jpg

Nice! Are those Speedhut?
Yes sir, cheap, easy and should work just fine for this pig...

You forgot to order boost pressure!!

The boost gauge is kicking my ass in my other pig right now. I'm thinking having two boost gauges in two pigs would be worse than being married to two women and likely way more expensive..

All right! And the angry pig will even be able to go 160 mph !!

126MPH sustained top speed with the current gearing. probably change next year sometime.

126MPH sustained top speed with the current gearing. probably change next year sometime.

I have been eagerly awaiting an update to this project because of quotes like these. I mean I know it's not really a pig anymore but just the idea that maths were obviously done and 126mph sustained was actually thrown out there (and because it's J Mack I totally believe it). You may consider doing a pay per ride sort of thing when you get this done!

I mean I know it's not really a pig anymore

It will get a snout soon enough and the way it’s draining the bank account I can assure you it’s a pig through and through..

just the idea that maths were obviously done and 126mph sustained was actually thrown out there (and because it's J Mack I totally believe it).

Engine builder say 7000 sustained RMP is not an issue with the aftermarket rods and valve train, GM turbo 400 based Reed trans 1:1 high gear, atlas 3.0 also 1:1 in high, 6.20 gears and 39.5 tires get me to right around 126 MPH! For now:beer:

You may consider doing a pay per ride sort of thing when you get this done!

Not likely, based on the rides I’ve already given, the only way this would be profitable is for me to find a way to sell the poop 2 out of every 3 rider’s leaves behind.

Last edited:
I jammed the car back together to go for a father’s day joy ride and killed another BFG, luckily I had another set of tires/wheels and we weren’t too far from the house when this one let go.

Still have a few bugs to work out before I rip it apart again and recover it in pig skin.
13427926_10206921107249249_3028779276136779249_n.jpg

Still have a few bugs to work out before I rip it apart again and recover it in pig skin.

It goes without saying that you're nucking futs, for this line of thinking.......so, lemme be the first to prescribe a remedy.

Instead of doing another damn thing to this, you should sell it to me....so I can dress 'er up in my love....

image.jpeg

OR, I'll hook you up with the same, for a little less completely in-friggin' sane way of skinning it....

Nice garage Chris. Now we know where you hide :)

I'd say I wished it were mine.....but I'd clearly need a padded room and heavy meds, to avoid 'building' them all.

That's actually Miller's garage and CDan's new office.

The rust free body is mine, further evidence I'm nucking futs, too...

Let’s try to break this down…

It goes without saying that you're nucking futs, for this line of thinking

I am merely a student of the nucking futs Toyota restoration society a large group of Toyota extroverts that most would consider you MR. Delancy the unquestionable Sensei Master…

.......so, lemme be the first to prescribe a remedy.

This usually is very expensive or very painful or some combination of both.

Instead of doing another damn thing to this, you should sell it to me....so I can dress 'er up in my love....

I have a hunch that it’s a good thing we don’t live closer to each other, we would be two single dudes sitting in a big shop building cool $hit all day while our ex-wives are out spending their alimony checks..

OR, I'll hook you up with the same, for a little less completely in-friggin' sane way of skinning it....

This right here is why so many of us in the nucking futs Toyota restoration society look up to you. You’re suggestions for a little less completely in-friggin' sane way of doing things always come at a completely in-friggin' sane cost but would be totally in-friggin' sane cool.

For now if I’m going to even try to have a budget and make any attempt to hit it I need a lot less completely in-friggin' sane way of doing things…:hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom