The angry pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, white socks and velcro'd shoes? :)

Looks awesome!

Yes, I’ll be rockin the khaki shorts shirt tucked, no over the shoulder bag (murse) white socks and velcro'd shoes!!

I did manage to get out to the shop and test fit the headers.

Lots of work to get this pig the way I want it but cleaning up the engine compartment will be the start.
The-start.jpg

J Mack,

will the exhaust just turn down and run out the back or something else ( I'm all confused! ). I can see you're going to have a lot of fun building this one.

J Mack,

will the exhaust just turn down and run out the back or something else ( I'm all confused! ). I can see you're going to have a lot of fun building this one.
It will go something like this...

637569d1323119349-trent-fab-2012-ultra4-topshelf-build-2011-12-04_16-59-46_993.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

This thing is going to amazing!

I would give some thought to making the body from fiberglass... Weld cut and fair in the metal ones and use them as a mold. Then you can make new ones if you bang up a panel wheeling.

I think this thread might be a bit over the top with magnitude but you get the idea...

** RCP body build for AGM BMW X-6 trophy truck !! **

Thank you!!

I checked out the RCP body build and they have mad skills, I'm not sure I have the time, skill or money to make fiberglass molds of a 55 buggy body.

The plan is to hack together a steel body from leftover 55 parts I have laying around and attach them with DZUS fasteners to the factory panel locations so I can run the aluminum panels if running trails that damage is imminent and run the 55 skins the rest of the time.

The plan as of now is to keep it simple until Scrapdaddy baits me into going crazy by posting pictures of his cool projects.

The plan as of now is to keep it simple until Scrapdaddy baits me into going crazy by posting pictures of his cool projects

That's funny, I can't even figure out where to put my cup holders! :) I look forward to stealing an idea or two from this titillating project. Keep up the good work.

jumpin jimminey cricket on a pogo stick

It is refreshing to know that I'm not the only deserving some quiet time in a padded room....

Just a thought.

To avoid limiting wheel travel, what about a pig-ish hood and cowl, narrowed and fit low on the chassis, with wheel fenders (for lack of better)?

image.jpg

WHERES THE TURBO GOING:)
No turbo............. for now.

jumpin jimminey cricket on a pogo stick

"Jinkies!" that 55 is really just a dune buggy in a suit pulling off a ploy to look like a street car.

To avoid limiting wheel travel, what about a pig-ish hood and cowl, narrowed and fit low on the chassis, with wheel fenders (for lack of better)?

That’s funny, we were talking about just that to get the impending fixit tickets signed off.

I'm thinking if the body is going to be too much of an issue, you could keep the spirit of the pig alive with something along these lines! :p

Yea…………No!

Ha! That is a food truck that works about an hour and a half away from me. I can't really remember what kind of food they serve however.........

New I'd seen somewhere before...

Ha…. By the time I’m done with DOT bumpers and blinkers it will look like a Prowler.

dodge-prowler-08.jpg

LOL you guys are killing my bank account with all this nonsense..

This is supposed to be a “low buck” build and only needs to be capable enough to drive to the store and pick up a six pack or enjoy some back country trails.

My short list of things to do in order of priority,

1) Cup holders

2) Blinkers that accentuate my big pig butt and little snout

3) Doors that open, and preferably stay shut when needed

4) Pig skin

5) DOT headlights

According to LSx guys, you can spent $500 to turbo a 4.8L engine and get 800hp at the rear wheels :censor:

Yes and according to Scrapdaddy the slow 71 cost him 5K to build.

Pretty sure my wife is going to cancel my internet subscription if I keep hanging out here with you guys..

But back to the exhaust:
Was there a reason to run it up/over the intake?

The thing I like most about the Trent Fab cars is they sit extremely low but that presents an issue with packaging and the headers are one of those issues.

These photos show the car @ full bump, and you can see no way to get headers and mufflers out through the bottom between the links and frame.
642920d1325279250-trent-fab-2012-ultra4-topshelf-build-imag0443a.jpg

drjones258.jpg

The other car (Bomber Fab) I was looking at buying had similar setup but ran straight back instead of off to the pass side,

564629d1292374262-bomber-fabrication-buggys-christmas-08-091.jpg

At the end of the day I’m just a poser and a car that looks cool is more important than a car that wins races so I went with the Trent Fab car to save some money to invest in bling..

A couple of build threads that showcase all the packaging issues with these cars.

Trent Fab Production Top Shelf #1 Build - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Trent Fab 2012 Ultra4 "TopShelf" Build - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom