The angry pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn, look at the hood! Is there a straight 12 under there?
220 Cummins, I'll try to grab some more photos when I get back to it.
It is park out by the shed for a few months waiting for me to come up with a plan, shooting for something like this.
8399521458_286c93244d_b.jpg

Has to be green!

Some inspiration. Sighted yesterday on the street in front of an antique/junk shop in Trinidad, CO. Interesting cargo. Great grille!
IMG_2949.jpg
IMG_2951.jpg
IMG_2952.jpg

I’m betting the live steam clubs are really suffering for members...very neat stuff!

Version something past 4 in this debauchery Mack/crawler hauler/motorhome project.
So the frame on the Mack I bought is too far hacked to invest any time or money to try to save, bored one day I decided to measure my little freightliner to see how close the frames were to try to come up with a plan to build a new frame or buy an existing frame and transfer all the Mack parts over. The FL70 was very close to perfect and I hatched the Idea that If I could buy a complete FL70 that was in reasonable shape I might be able to get my wife the motorhome she’s been dreaming of (well not really but that’s how I’m selling it) sooner than later and maybe save a few bucks.

So I bought a Kenworth.
KW.jpg

Yeah not the same as a Freightliner and no the Mack won’t just drop on this frame. Just got home from CA last night with the truck and need to get out to the shop with a tape measure to see just how bad of an idea this is but from my rough guesstimation this will be a lot of work to make it work.

So are the others up for sale ;):)
Gave the Diamond T to a buddy and we'll finish it at a later date, Mack will be taken apart soon and everything I plan to keep will be put up on a shelf and everything else will be sold or scraped. Kenworth has a new engine transmission and rear end, the plan as of today is to shorten the frame and convert it to air suspension then play around with turning the 8.3 Cummins up to 450 HP before pulling the Kenworth Cab off and putting the Mack cab and box on.

Last edited:
Nice truck!

Learned to drive on a mid-60s Diamond Rio with a 335 Cummins and a 5+4, straight pipes, too.

Seriously, dad wouldn’t let me drive my car at 16 until I could drive that truck to his satisfaction. “When you can drive this, you can drive anything.”

Grandpa and I built the flatbed water tank for it that summer, and then they put me out on a drilling rig when I turned 17. (Just for the summer.)
You never forget your first!

Apparently you’re supposed to post pics. Well, i don’t have any pics from 1978, but here’s a Peterbuilt that I helped dad repo out of Southern Utah in 2013.

I had plans to make it a flatbed (private) tow rig, with Alcoas and maybe slamming it, but then dad gave it to someone for cash.

This after I got the little 3208 Cat running, bought batteries for it, and after removing and reinstalling the starter twice, found the real problem with the solenoid behind the dash.

When ya work for family you work cheap. Sometimes free.

That’s some red dirt!!!

He breaks the angry pig enough keeping the tires on the ground.

He breaks the angry pig enough keeping the tires on the ground.
:flipoff2:
I’m turning over a new leaf in 2020, try my best not destroy either of the current running pigs and concentrate on devoting my time and $$ on the motorhome car hauler project. All bets are off for 2021 if I have a successful 2020.

I'm looking forward to the build up of the car hauler, need to find out where you can post it at. I say right here and just talk about the Angry Pig once in a while. Back in the seventies we were all talking about chopping up a school bus and making a camper/hauler, you've raised the bar with this one. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom