The angry pig (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine ☺
20190212_094055.jpg

No, I think I'm turning old.
I’m in the process of ripping one back apart and driving to Washington tomorrow to pick another one up and I think I’m still trailing LilJohn by one or two. Come on Ron what’s another 5K we need you to jump in the deep end with us and start something new.

So! You own it?
Just got home last night from picking up this truck, unfortunately they had it sandblasted and started the process of turning it into a street rod and it doesn't look like this anymore. I'll share a current state picture when I get everything unloaded.
Coe.jpg

I have a PIG hauler to.
This started off as a wouldn’t it be cool conversation between my friend and I on the way home from King of the hammers, basically I was being pissy about driving 55MPH in California with a trailer and made the comment that if I ever bring my buggy back to that god forsaken state it will be on the back of a car hauler and the conversation quickly spiraled out of control from there. When you have two dudes with nothing better to do but spend hours coming up with ways to spend my money so we don’t have to drive 55 in a state I rarely visit, you would naturally end up with a Mack EFU Coe cab on a 2015 to 2019 RAM 1 ton dually chassis on air ride and an enclosed box that could double as a camper/toy hauler.

My buddy spends way too much time surfing to interwebs looking for deals on cars and was sending me links to COE’s for sale two or three times a day making it Impossible for me to let this ridiculous idea go. I was in the middle of negotiating a deal for two Mack COE cabs with a guy in Iowa, I don’t remember his name but I’m pretty sure it was Dick Head and that deal was going nowhere fast when my buddy sent me a link to an unfinished Diamond T project in Washington. The ad said they had 50K plus tied up in this project and wanted 30K’ish for everything and at the time I remember thinking if that was a Mack cab I would buy it because even though it wasn’t exactly what I wanted chassis/engine it was a good start for a good price. The biggest problem was the ad had five blurry pictures of nothing and the description basically said we have lots of parts and I wasn’t serious enough to dig in any further, several weeks had gone by and I was surfing EBay for Mack COE’s and this Diamond T popped up for roughly half of the original ad price but had the same crappy photos and description so naturally I bought it without asking any questions first or even knowing what’s included with the sale.

After I committed to buy the guy sent me a message through EBay saying please give me a call, basically they were thinking what kind of idiot buys an unfinished project without asking any questions and were looking to see if I was going to actually send them any money and at this point I’m convinced this is some sort of scam but called the number anyway. As it turns out the guy listing the truck works for the widow of the guy that started this project and neither one of them know anything about it and that was the reason for the crappy description, the guy was a high end car collector and was having this built when he passed away to haul some of his collector cars to shows.

Picture and plans. Diesel?
At this point I need to finish the Target Carrier before I can put any thought into this project.

The truck came with a low mile 2003 Chevy 8.1 and Allison 5 speed transmission, Howe wiring harness and reprogrammed computer and everything to make that work so most likely that’s what I’ll used.

Everything loaded hillbilly style ready to head back to Idaho, what looks like a house in the background was his 6000 sq foot man cave complete with lifts to double stack all his cars. Nobody lives here on this lake side property this is just man stuff storage, it was quite impressive inside.
load.jpg

Home sitting in my field waiting for me to find time.

Truck.jpg

Still haven’t gone through every box but all the chrome looks to be here and redone, complete Ridetech air suspension, all new Autometer gauges just to give an idea of what’s all here.
parts.jpg

The cab is mounted on a modified 2003 Chevy one ton chassis and now has 16’ of frame behind the cab with a mid-engine mount layout, honestly I haven’t looked into it much but every nut and bolt looks to be new and reasonably well done.
bag.jpg

Last edited:
Classic...
Yeah my wife said something similar.

Now the trick leaving it alone and not rengineering it J Mack style. Going to be a fun project.

This will be almost exactly like the target carrier were I buy something I know nothing about with no clear plan that has no aftermarket support has no resale value and cost way too much to complete, other than that the Diamond T cab appears to be too small to work for my original plan of motorhome car hauler thing so yeah don’t know if “rengineering it J Mack style” or just finish what they started and go from there. I'm exactly smart enough to know I make bad decisions but not smart enough to do anything about it.

Last edited:
Yeah my wife said something similar.

This will be almost exactly like the target carrier where I buy something I know nothing about with no clear plan that has no aftermarket support has no resale value and cost way too much to complete, other than that the Diamond T cab appears to be too small to work for my original plan of motorhome car hauler thing so yeah don’t know if “rengineering it J Mack style” or just finish what they started and go from there. I'm exactly smart enough to know I make bad decisions but not smart enough to do anything about it.

a9ed842f739e930dc8e9340bafbbaeaf77994c50c74fc6a86b046b54cb9b2c59.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom