The Aftermarket Tub Scene (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got Tesevens catalogue a few years ago, but I'm still amazed by the options, dashboards, cutouts for steering columns, ribbed/non-ribbed etc. Etc.

But a body for a 45 is still a lot of money!

I saw on Pacol's FB page they now have FJ43 tubs.
Thought that was pretty cool.
Their FB page has a lot of pics.

Allen

First off thanks to Fabien from Teseven joining the thread and making some statements everything is better than second hand info or hearsay.

And now its time to get the sunglasses and scroll down. :cool:
teseven brass.jpg

Of course the 45 is more expensive.
I have collected a lot af photos of Fabiens work from different internet sites, and having seen and studied the work I find the price very reasonable, it's just a lot of money in my budget...

A new tub is more than I paid for my cruiser, but I would be happy to spend the money. Cost of purchase and install is still less than a ford focus. It isn't throwing money away. Especially stainless, when you consider never chasing the rust demons again.

geez, very nice product with plenty of options ... definitely a solution if the logistics can be worked out ...
:cheers:

Got some details of the aluminum body on one of my google picture albums-
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/108964298762464741552/albums/5196611930074239201
Took them at the 2008 meeting in France.

hi peter;)

this body for 2008 is old (js just the second prototype:hmm:) and the quality and welding and all, is realy much better now.
I have a very good customer feedback, and I regularly improves (evo 1,2,3,4)

I created a paypal account in the next month and more

thanks you
fabien

I grew up with exotic cars....very exotic cars that maybe only 3 people in the world made parts for. Generally, these people are eccentric, disorganized and hard to get a hold of. But, they generally get around to making that hard to find part for you....I know that Dad waited years (yes, YEARS) for some parts that were prepaid. To him it was worth it....that and he had no other choice :) The key factor is that you want to find someone who is honest....this is a trait that I found with PACOL and Alexandra. I have never heard of them being dishonest or misleading a customer. I do not think that they deceived me concerning the time schedule....I had ordered something that is not commonly purchased, they had issues with their tooling. Yes it is s little unnerving to throw $7000.00 out there. But they came through and for my wait...I have a pretty nice tub. We had more than a few Landcruisers from the 70s.....I remember that our 1979 FJ40 had rusted through (fist sized areas) with in one year of showroom new). If you consider, the modern steel, modern painting products AND the LINEX....I feel pretty well covered in the corrosion dept. Not like it is going to see many winter roads anyways....that is what I have a Jeep and an FJ Cruiser for. Doc

I don't think our little corner of the market is unique to have folks whose passion is to provide vs. Dealing with a lot of business issues or customer communications. And the business may be challenged to support the people who could provide those needed skills.
Sometimes the talent is so challenging to deal with that few people would want to work for/with them.
Sometimes the product/service is just a hobby that has more demand than the individual can afford. The volumes in the LC market don't support too many vendors. Try finding body parts for the FJ-55...

I don't think our little corner of the market is unique to have folks whose passion is to provide vs. Dealing with a lot of business issues or customer communications. And the business may be challenged to support the people who could provide those needed skills.
Sometimes the talent is so challenging to deal with that few people would want to work for/with them.
Sometimes the product/service is just a hobby that has more demand than the individual can afford. The volumes in the LC market don't support too many vendors. Try finding body parts for the FJ-55...

Exactly.

There are very few people that can balance the trials of manufacturing, shipping and customer service efficiently. The FJ55 is a good example of lots of business potential but a lack of support.

I would remain skeptical (but hopeful) that the French connection will ever actually materialize...the have been numerous FJ40 products over the years that appeared promising but never made reality. The fact that he does not have a payment system in place and has no specifics on importing makes me wary about waiting for that solution.

For those who desire a secure purchase....aqualu still seems like the best option. It is my understanding that Pacol is now producing in the USA, maybe they will get their customer service in order too. Oscar used to address some of these threads, maybe he will chime in at some point.

Doc

Fabien from Teseven has gotten back to me with pricing (ouch!) and delivery. Delivery to the port of Boston is 900€, which is pretty good. He's been in business for at least 5 years now and it seems like he is getting this going more and more!

Don't mistake lack of communication or not having a Paypal account for lack of proffesionalism. As I see it Fabien has his hands full as it is, and answering emails may not be priority NO1, when your books are full for the next 12 months.
Besides Fabien is french, how responsive do you think american companies are if they recieve mails in french? Its the same...

I for one am looking forward to this coming to fruition ... my tub isn't falling off the truck, so I have a bit of flexibility, but by the time I need one in a couple of years, hopefully there's a process in place ...
:cheers:

Besides Fabien is french, how responsive do you think american companies are if they recieve mails in french? Its the same...

That's a good point. To expect people in other countries to speak English is unreasonable. Many in those countries do speak English, very well in fact. Sometimes better than native speakers.

I did write to him using google translate to get the message across in French, but I suspect google translate doesn't do a perfect job with the translation.

This time it turned out that he was using a different email address now, so that's why I hadn't heard back from him - he wasn't getting the messages in the first place.

By the way, Fabien wrote me back this time in English with the help of his wife it appears. He said I could phone them. I figure that if Fabien had written me in French instead of English, I would have used google translate on it anyhow. It's just cut n' paste. I think the language translation part of the puzzle is not such a big deal perhaps.

Sounds good Henry, my money is on Teseven and I would choose a stainless one, no doubt!
It's actually what I dream of myself, but a troopy body with four doors, an integral roll cage and a all fibreglass hardtop, also french... Gotta finish the new house first though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom