The Aftermarket Tub Scene (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been following this link and Teseven, Teseven appears to build superior tubs. 5000 Euro is around what 7000 Can. ? This includes the full tub and cowl right? If you price out an Aqualu aluminum tub at 4290.00 and the cowl and windshield is 3575.00 you are right around 8800.00 taxes in so with shipping its around the same, except you get STAINLESS.... and it has impeccable detail, I am so excited about these tubs, now I just need to save up.

I thought the aqualu 3/4 tub was more like $3200? I for sure think that unless you get a steel tub galvanized that it is not the way to go. Stainless would be awesome, downright incredible, shoot you could leave it bare stainless like a delorean. Why is that tub in the previous post a all shiny gold color?

Out of curiosity: Why would you pick stainless steel over an aluminium body?
Seems to me alu is lighter, maybe more prone to denting and harder to work/weld on though?
but with a coat of paint would last you a lifetime?
I'm asking because i'm thinking of building one in the future and i'm gathering info on how to best go about it.

Out of curiosity: Why would you pick stainless steel over an aluminium body?
Seems to me alu is lighter, maybe more prone to denting and harder to work/weld on though?
but with a coat of paint would last you a lifetime?
I'm asking because i'm thinking of building one in the future and i'm gathering info on how to best go about it.

Stainless won't cause galvanic corrosion with steel parts like aluminum would. You'd never really need to paint SS either.
If I could afford the french SS tub I'd order one in a heartbeat, but for my truck, I think I will eventually go with the Gozzard tub, if I ever want it to be pretty...

I recently was considering buying a '72 that had a Wally tub in it. People that looked at it for me thought the workmanship was very good. Considering the cost of these replacement tubs what's everyone's opinion regarding what a replacement tub does to vehicle value ? It isn't original any longer so should it hold original price considering it's in better than original condition with a new tub ?
ed

Wally does amazing work - can build them to what you want to do with them - hard core off road and front fender can be buildnwith integrated tube steel, you want pristine almost all road truck and he'll have the s*** tighter than a ducks ass. He's doing something now for a good friend of mine that most would even attempt. It'll be a beautiful short bed 45 when done.

Another company from France * Lekma * , right now he is just on Facebook Lekma

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom