Builds The '93 Troopy Hodgepodge (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You passed my little test, I would have had to sign off as a subscriber if you were using electric fans.
I don't believe that they have a place in real trucks.
So, 1.5 pistons worth of extra space, that's great, looking at your workmanship, you could probably roll a shroud up before breakfarst, in your sleep.
G

Yup, a mechanical fan was a requirement. Not keen on electric fans at all.

So @TonyP and myself have not been able to figure out why the 78 pillar has this recess.

View attachment 2203432

Maybe a different roof that comes down farther to overlap. Or the bracket for mounting the snorkel is recessed?

Regardless we decided to cap it so it is like a 75. So I repurposed some of the original pillar.

View attachment 2203433

Yes I still need to drill holes in it for the snorkel mount.

Cheers
I know people said snorkel and no doubt the mount works with the snorkel, but...

I think the extra mounting area is for the sun visor... You can see how the snorkel can be attached to the sun visor.

1583343441286.png

1583343466882.png

So you are saying there was a factory sun visor option? Haven’t seen that in the EPC.

Cheers

I believe currently, the sun visor is only standard\available on certain versions, I think the "Workmate", versions sold in Australia.

The visor shows as an available option on the Toyota Australia site below.

Perhaps when searching the EPC with a frame number that isn't Australian... it doesn't appear?

One of ASPW's vids is where I heard him say which versions the visor is available on.

Searching for the vid now, but he's got a lot of Troopy vids... It might take a while to find.

Here's a screenshot from one of his vids where the plate that covers the area is visible. This was shot in a Toyota dealership

1583371769328.png

I can't see Toyota changing how the pillar is stamped\machined if it wasn't available in other regions, but maybe?

EDIT ^^Changed "Can" to "Can't" in the sentence above^^

Last edited:
Regional accessories are not listed in the factory-generated parts catalogs. They are supplemental documents distributed within the pertinent market area.

Found a vid (below), where he mentions at about 1 minute on the timeline the visor came from Toyota, but it is NOT the vid I am looking for where he mentions the versions... still searching. Hope this helps.

Found it...

Starts at 2:24 in the vid below.

Fits to the Workmate without issue, but the GXL version has chrome around the windows which means the standard Toyota brackets don't fit. They used 3rd party brackets to fit the visor due to the chrome...

Not sure what it was like 25+ years ago.

Found it...

Starts at 2:24 in the vid below.

Fits to the Workmate without issue, but the GXL version has chrome around the windows which means the standard Toyota brackets don't fit. They used 3rd party brackets to fit the visor due to the chrome...

Not sure what it was like 25+ years ago.

A-pillars from a 78 so you are probably right. Regardless, capped on RHS and will do same on LHS.

Cheers

So no big updates but small things have been happening.

@theside00 built the chassis and he is starting in on brake lines, more on that this month.

ACD01B47-03D5-46A8-B460-11022EC98A1E.jpeg

@TonyP sent is a new a/c compressor so we slapped it in.

CDF8AE1E-B3E0-41FC-87DF-1E7596FE5479.jpeg

He also sent us the exhaust manifold we needed, these are money.

8A84F007-EB99-427C-BD13-663D3814DC5F.jpeg

C8823C90-95FA-4ED2-9D6C-7993C1FC81CB.jpeg

Sway bars all good front & rear. We will be final torquing when the time is right.

2AFC79C6-4A4D-460B-9481-EDBAD9EBCF43.jpeg

Cheers

Tony also sent us ARP bell housing bolts.

7138281F-3C41-44D1-96CC-DB2D381194BA.jpeg

We will be paint marking hardware on final torque, it will allow for quick visual inspections of the truck to make sure everything is all good.

Cheers

I decided to change up the motor mounts as well.
The Dirty Dingo mounts are probably fine for a street rod, but they don't check the boxes of what I'm going for in this rig.
Luckily, it's a fairly easy swap. One of the reasons I went with paint vs powder on the frame, I knew things were probably going to change.

@theside00 has built our axle side hard brake lines as well, just need to swap in new shiny mounting bolts.

7B20E51C-F101-4905-B123-65286C1886F3.jpeg
43FAF59E-7908-489C-BBFD-AD08328548B9.jpeg

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom