The 2H/12H-T/1HZ/1HD-T/1HD-FT Gturbo Alternative Tech Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thats the conclusion ive come to ,but im not the smartest guy thats for sure, im thinking of trying a used chinese t3 for yuks. but have a line on a cheap gt35 r (t3) i believe that a friend said might surprise me?.. vnt.. i got lots of room in my engine bay no ac pump and can refab the fender need be ,my body is fairly used lets just say.

There is a big difference though between what your doing and what the majorty of consumers want (myself included), the Gturbo bolts on, thats it done, water fittings, dump etc fit. Bolting on a t3 requires various adapters, manifold, new dump pump etc etc.

But good on you, if you can get the result your after for the price you want hopefully it works out well.

I personally want to follow the CT26 platform because I can just bolt it in essentially exactly like Hulsty said.
The Sumalaya housings are the only CT26 anti surge I can find on the market.
Talking to them they can be machined to fit just about any comp wheel wanted right from the factory.
They are the housing he is using, I would love to own one, not to mention I would be curious how the anti surge affects the overall map.
I believe it just moves the surge margin further left adding more of a safety.... Might be nice on something like a 16 or 18G....

@gerg did you look at the 16G Big or small wheel?
@HDJDub any chance you could get some boost levels at RPMS off that .54trim?
@Dougal there has to be a well performing candidate (a few) for the 4L diesel series you are right into tech for that.

I have a CT26 that I can take measurements for comparison sake.

Now I'm interested. I've got a Denco on my 1HZ and I've bought a Chinese GT2871 to put on it instead, however I'm hearing that the minute I give it a good kick in the guts the Chinese turbo will blow up, set my car on fire and drag the whole thing into a smoking whole through the centre if the earth, get melted down when it gets to China and shipped back here as a Great Wall. I'm moments away from buying a GTurbo instead but being mildly technically minded I'm more than willing to have a crack at mix and match if I can get an understanding of good information. Love to hear it, I'll have a go...

Dougal we have a few landrovers coming up for sale with the 4bd1 engines in OZ. Do these engines except turbo's and pull those type of numbers in your light reading thread above.
Cheers

I think my light reading must be a bit lighter than yours Dougal. I'm wading through but I'm not yet able to look at a map and know what it means. Do you have any idea where I could like to get a better understanding of the relationships between different A/Rs etc? (The basics) I get that a lower A/R turbine for a set motor will spool quicker and a higher one will give you more peak power. And if it's too big it will lag you too death. After that, I got nuthin....

There must be manufacturers out there selling all the bits, Graham's (Turbo god) assembling and tuning the best turbos out there now, he must have started somewhere.

I may have to start going through his rubbish and creeping around in a workshop coloured cammo suit

:steer:
that patrol is fxxxing insane, i wish my hj went like that!!!!

Whack on a 3 inch straight thru exhaust, intercooler and manual boost control and then your Toyota will stand on end:D
I've done the exhaust so far and the results are awesome:smokin:

1995 HZJ75 Auto 1HZ
Snorkel feeding 6" in line K & N pod
GT2871 at the moment, torn between a bigger IP or a better performing (magic) turbo
3.5" centre feed plenum inlet manifold
3" in/ out (massive) WTA intercooler with 6L radiator, Bosch cobra, 19mm lines
Ported and polished head out to performance log exhaust manifold. Pre turbo EGT
3" exhaust with a flowmaster muffler, exit in front of back wheel
On board AFR

I have no idea how it got to this, I started by just converting it to auto and the thought of the associated power loss made it into an obsession to get everything out what I have. Only another couple of weeks and we'll see if it works out :cool:

I personally want to follow the CT26 platform because I can just bolt it in essentially exactly like Hulsty said.
The Sumalaya housings are the only CT26 anti surge I can find on the market.
Talking to them they can be machined to fit just about any comp wheel wanted right from the factory.
They are the housing he is using, I would love to own one, not to mention I would be curious how the anti surge affects the overall map.
I believe it just moves the surge margin further left adding more of a safety.... Might be nice on something like a 16 or 18G....

@gerg did you look at the 16G Big or small wheel?
@HDJDub any chance you could get some boost levels at RPMS off that .54trim?
@Dougal there has to be a well performing candidate (a few) for the 4L diesel series you are right into tech for that.

I have a CT26 that I can take measurements for comparison sake.

I was just mapping the 16g large. The 16g small is not easy to find for a swap strangely and flows less overall, but is a more efficient compressor and would most likely spool and react faster. I'll see if I can look at the 54 today

For those that have them, what is the landed cost in Canada for a Gturbo all said and done?

@ForealBoreal - Unfortunately my friend sold his truck last year. Honestly at the time I didn't know that this was so unexplored so we didn't really keep track. It seems so natural to want to experiment with stuff like this to me? They've been doing 54, 57 and 60 trim CT26's on mk3 Supra's for years.

Ok so the 50 trim t04e wants to surge running a paltry 16lbs at 1700 but can carry it to 4500, and it is the best of all those compressors... the 46, 54 and 57 are worse. Of cource the mythical "super" 50 trim maps great... good luck trying to even find a picture of one. Ive looked for over 2 years for one and never layed eyes on it. The 16G large is one of the best in the box compressors mated to a turbine with lots of housing options. My 2 cents.

Doug... is the tdo5 turbine really over sized for a 4L? I believe it is physically smaller then a stage 1 t3, have to check on that though. It is the next MHI sizing up from the TD04hl.

Yeah..... so Toyota is more than a little stingy with compressor maps. Ive actually never seen one. Ever. Best we can do is get measurements and try and get another compressor with similar dimentions and get a feeling for whats its map might look like. Cource small changes in dimentions can change a map quite a bit, so its far from an exact science. I serously doubt the Toyota compressors and the t04es are much alike. Post up some dimentions and lets see.

I've found a few things that might be of use Gerg.

Supposed maps of upgraded ct26 compressors. No 54 Trim in the first post, I didn't check the rest of the thread however. (edit looks like they may be T04 maps as well, worth a look)
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?151474-CT26-upgrades-compressor-plots&s=

There is also a Group A CT26 that features a larger inducer/exducer

The stock CT26 measurements are as follows (inducer/exducer):
Compressor 1.70"/2.550", 5 blades
Turbine 2.650"/2.045", 10 blades

The Group A CT26 are as follows (inducer/exducer):
Compressor 2.075"/2.895", 5 blades
Turbine 2.785"/2.275", 9 blades

Here's a chart I took from a website with the normal sizes

graph.png

and here on this site they're offering hybrids and the mythical unicorn 50 seems to be more potent then a few of its larger cousins.

Untitled-1.png

I posted the 54 Trim inducer size on the front page I think.

What do you guys think about the VNT turbo, CT26v found stock no the 1HD-FTV in HDJ100 cruisers?
It also goes under the name GT2359V. Thinking of how it would run on my 12H-T and how well it would fit as a secondary (small) turbo in a compound setup?

Just asking for now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom