Tech Stream Bummer - Bad Disc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picture failed to load...

IMG_0567.JPG

Connector is driver side foot well above and to the right of the gas pedal. I think I have engine running, connected to laptop, then launch TS.

Connector is driver side foot well above and to the right of the gas pedal. I think I have engine running, connected to laptop, then launch TS.

Thanks. Any peril to the ECU if I cannot in wrong order?

Connect cable>Start engine>Launch TS?

No harm with incorrect order, but I'm going to be mad if you have ts and the cable installed already.

Also, when I start Tech Stream and then connect to vehicle, it fills in UZJ and 2FE, but then it has a pull-down menu (Option, I think?), and my choices are -0208, 0208-0408, and 0408-

What do these mean? Are they date ranges? Yesterday I picked 0208-0408 and got pressure readings. Today I tried them all - no readings...

I got this working and read AHC pressures yesterday. Then I did the fluid exchange and went to read pressures today - no bueno!

Any ideas?

Yesterday:
3-18-2017-3-05-56-pm-jpg.1423267

Today:

3-19-2017-12-53-55-pm-jpg.1423890

Okay, just remembered you have to raise from L to N to get pressure readings - all is well! Well, my pressures are still high, but I can read them again.

I assume you will get around to cranking on the torsion bars to adjust front pressures. What I didn't expect (maybe not news, you are likely smarter than me, most are), is that the rear pressures dropped without me doing anything other than taking off some of the pressure up front.

I assume you will get around to cranking on the torsion bars to adjust front pressures. What I didn't expect (maybe not news, you are likely smarter than me, most are), is that the rear pressures dropped without me doing anything other than taking off some of the pressure up front.

I am indeed working on AHC pressures: Definitive list of AHC maintenance items

Biggest thing with the LX, make sure you select LX, as it will auto-select the LC. If it flags the LC, you might not see AHC readings.

Thank you! You can see in the upper left corner the Tech Stream has it listed as LX470 - I did not have to set that.

Also, when I start Tech Stream and then connect to vehicle, it fills in UZJ and 2FE, but then it has a pull-down menu (Option, I think?), and my choices are -0208, 0208-0408, and 0408-

What do these mean? Are they date ranges? Yesterday I picked 0208-0408 and got pressure readings. Today I tried them all - no readings...

Still not sure what these options signify.

Did you set your TIS as Europe or USA? One install I had asked me similar questions about my Prius until I realized I had installed it as a Euro version. Switched to US version and all was well - almost - now it complains about the version of Java (newest) I have installed.

Did you set your TIS as Europe or USA? One install I had asked me similar questions about my Prius until I realized I had installed it as a Euro version. Switched to US version and all was well - almost - now it complains about the version of Java (newest) I have installed.

I saw it mentioned you should select Europe as your region?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom