Sway bars and quick disconnect questions.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the consensus about using or not using the factory sway bar. I have heard some say lose it and others say its unsafe and use quick disconnects for sway bar when off road. I am running the 2-3in lift from toytec with bilstein 5100s and eibach springs. Does anyone out there have pictures of sway bar quick disconnects and their operation. Or just remove the whole sway bar and links? Help me out here a little. I stay under 40mph 80% of my driving time.

No help here but curious to see if this takes off. A long-time LC guru here in Az. (@LandCruiserPhil) used to sell some quick disconnects, he might wander over with an opinion or two but I've got nothing to personally offer on the topic.

Sorry to drag you to the dark side Phil :).

What is the consensus about using or not using the factory sway bar. I have heard some say lose it and others say its unsafe and use quick disconnects for sway bar when off road. I am running the 2-3in lift from toytec with bilstein 5100s and eibach springs. Does anyone out there have pictures of sway bar quick disconnects and their operation. Or just remove the whole sway bar and links? Help me out here a little. I stay under 40mph 80% of my driving time.

Here is a link to a couple pages on the subject Front swaybar quick disconnects revisited and tested

No, 80 is completely different.

I deleted my front and rear sways (factory) and added the FJ antirock sway to the rear with valved secondaries front and valved primaries rear. I dial them to hard for on road to reduce body roll and the rear antirock does a good enough job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom