Suspension kit. Which brand? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got pricing for a complete suspension kit (Coils, steering stabilizer and shocks) on my 80 from the below suppliers
Old Man Emu
EFS
Terrain Tamer
The pricing for them all is so close that cost is not a deciding factor
Any experience on the above brand names? Which one to choose??

OME has probably been used the most, I hate waiting so I say whichever you can get the fastest

What size are you looking at, what kind of stuff do you plan on doing with the 80?

OME has probably been used the most, I hate waiting so I say whichever you can get the fastest

What size are you looking at, what kind of stuff do you plan on doing with the 80?
All of them is a 2" lift. Im going for some road trips over weekends

A big factor (IMHO) will be what total weight are you going to be running as well.

This is one of the sticky threads. Read it.

Also check lead times. Some are pretty delayed due to COVID.

Dobinsons if you can get it, seems like they have no stock in the US right now
I'd be tempted. In another thread the OP was asking about shocks and Dobinson was mentioned. @stinkyfj60 listed a couple sources for his location (S. Africa). He just put them on his Prado.

If you haven't settled on a brand, I would contact N1 4x4 | Land Cruiser and Toyota 4WD Shop in Pretoria about Dobinsons. Hurry though, everyone is going on holiday soon!

I love the kit we just put on the Prado. Go to their Australian site to look at spring rates. I have a feeling their heavy springs are HEAVY. I went with their heavy medium springs on the rear of my Prado and they are stiff. Way too stiff for daily driving (but it's days of being a daily will be done soon). We're headed to the Wild Coast after Christmas and we'll start with 180L of fuel and 50L of water so that should tame it....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom