1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

storage for your doors

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by sandrat62, Mar 6, 2007.

1. sandrat62

sandrat62

What tips do you guys (gals) have for storing your rig's doors. Please dont tell me to wrap them in an old blanket and lean them against the wall:rolleyes: . Other than that I'm open to any other suggestions:D

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Do you have rafters in your garage? Make a platform for them to rest on up there.

3. camcruiser13

camcruiser13

Media:
    Albums:
    rest them on 2x4 and stuff them in the corner of the garage with a tarp on them.

notice i didnt say blanket. ;)

4. 79fj40moneypit

79fj40moneypit

Media:
    Albums:
    :idea: Send them to me and I will store them for you:flipoff2:

5. sandrat62

sandrat62

Huhhh thanks for the tips guys. But I'll pass on yours moneypit:flipoff2: :D :flipoff2:

6. PHAEDRUS

PHAEDRUS

Havent pulled mine off yet,
    planning on rolling down the glass and using ladder hooks mounted to the studs in the garage to store them.
    Dave

7. banger hard

banger hard

Please dont tell me to wrap them in an old blanket and lean them against the wall:rolleyes:

Ok...

I pack them, in a device that is used for sleeping with warmth.
    And place them on an angle,to have them gently rest on the thing that holds up my ceiling.

[SIZE=+3]Notice, how I did'nt say..."[/SIZE] Please dont tell me to wrap them in an old blanket and lean them against the wall:rolleyes:[SIZE=+3]"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+3];p [/SIZE]

8. 79fj40moneypit

79fj40moneypit

Media:
    Albums:
    But I promise to take very good care of them!!:flipoff2:

9. CRWLNRX

CRWLNRX

Since its winter, and your not using your pool, store them underwater in your swimming pool. But first, wrap them in a _ _ _ _ _
    so it doesn't scatch your pool. Or just lean them together at the top forming a nice tent to protect your dog from the rain (use them while storing)

10. sandrat62

sandrat62

WTF!, CRWLCOOTIES I know your my best friend:flipoff2: but cr@p you seriously worry me sometimes.......

11. Lt1cruiser

Lt1cruiser

My cruiser doors spend some nights with me I store the right next to my bed. Other than that I do what poser said hang them in the rafters.

12. Colicious

Colicious

attic with a...sheet or towel wrapped around them

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon

If your garage has a ceiling, mount them flat against it. You could make wood or metal L-brackets to slide the doors into. One L bracket would engage the lower lip (or complete bottom of the door), and the other would take the window "frame". A second set would take care of the other door. Line the edge the door slides against with outdoor carpeting. A couple of step stools, a strong buddy and a six pack would take care of lifting them up and down. I haven't built a set yet, but I intend to set mine up this way come summer.

14. Fast Eddy

Fast Eddy

Windows down, hung on two bicycle hooks each on the garage wall. If they have speakers in them, run some wires to your stereo. :)

15. gladly

gladly User title

wrap them in some sort of thick fabric :D then go to your local bicycle shop and get two bike shipping boxes, put them inside, add some silica dessicant packs, tape them up, and put them in a safe place out of the weather.
    the ladder hooks or rafters would be good too, but make sure that wherever you put them, they are covered up, so that if you do any work in the shop, especially grinding, the glass and paint are protected.

16. AATLAS1X

AATLAS1X

I got a HEEP catalog today in the mail for another project I have. Anyway while doing so ready while sitting down I found this cool ass rack that holds the HEEP top on its rear widow/back and another rack runs inside with large hoops for the doors to sit in with a basket in front for hardware. Had caster wheels for mobility as well..

Not sure it would work with the much heavier FJ top, but it was cool as s***!