1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock spring spring-over

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by jmode, Aug 16, 2006.

1. jmode

jmode

Can anyone post pics of there stock spring over axle suspensions? Can the spring over axle be done yourself, or would taking it some where be a better idea? I have a 1 and a half inch shackle with the stock springs i think, would the shackles still fit the SOA? Would 32 x 11.50 look good with the SOA?

2. '74 UA FJ

'74 UA FJ

No. You will want 35's at the minimum to look right with a spring over. You can use the same shackles if you want. You need to cut, weld, etc to do a good job and you should really cut and turn the front axle to make it right. Do a search.

3. Trollhole

Trollhole THC Supporting Vendor Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
  4. camcruiser13

camcruiser13

Media:
    Albums:
    look at my photos on sig line, 33s awesome

5. bigndn

bigndn

Media:
    Albums:
    SOA with cut and turn, SR, on 35X12.50X15s. FWIW, Mrs. B is approx 5'3". :cheers:

edit.....top of garage opening in pic is approx 7'. I had to air the rear tires down to 4 psi to get the rollbar thru w/o remodeling my entry the hard way.
    babe_post_soa2_shrunk.jpg

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">