Stock height springs for an FJ60 (1 Viewer)

RodrigzCrzr

SILVER Star
Not sure if you saw the post about the tie rod ends, but I had posted the wrong link (for right and drive). Updated the link, but here it is for reference: Tie Rod End Kit - Fits 8/80'-90 60/62 Series Left Hand Drive - https://cruiserteq.com/tie-rod-end-kit-fits-8-80-90-60-62-series-left-hand-drive/
I did. I didn’t order tie rod ends I had already replaced mine. I didn’t bother to look but I saw that mud member mention they where for right hand drive.
Thanks

dogcruiser

SILVER Star
I stumbled on this thread because I was curious if anything was available between stock and 2". @jawbone did you get the General Springs? I'm not opposed to a lift but don't really need it. More interested in ride quality / comfort.

I ended up cancelling the order for my front springs from General Springs. Fronts were still back ordered in late May after placing order in early Nov '21. They did ship the rears, so I am selling those and going with Dobinsons, I think. Also, really poor communication and customer service - they frequently didn't bother to answer my emails, and getting the refund wasn't easy.

Devils Paw 80

SILVER Star
I stumbled on this thread because I was curious if anything was available between stock and 2". @jawbone did you get the General Springs? I'm not opposed to a lift but don't really need it. More interested in ride quality / comfort.
What's wrong with your stock springs? If there are broken leaves, you should be able to source a replacement from a MUD member or one of the many Cruiser vendors.

dogcruiser

SILVER Star
What's wrong with your stock springs? If there are broken leaves, you should be able to source a replacement from a MUD member or one of the many Cruiser vendors.
No broken springs. My original springs look ok from what I can tell. I was just curious as to what options exist as I’m due for steering and suspension maintenance anyway. Toying with the idea of a little bit of lift and interested in ways to improve the ride of a 62 that spends its time on the pavement.

Devils Paw 80

SILVER Star
No broken springs. My original springs look ok from what I can tell. I was just curious as to what options exist as I’m due for steering and suspension maintenance anyway. Toying with the idea of a little bit of lift and interested in ways to improve the ride of a 62 that spends its time on the pavement.
Some people will tell you that a lifted 62 will ride better than stock. Hmm, perhaps. Color me highly skeptical. You've got a truck with two solid axles and leaf springs in every corner, so it's never going to ride great. That said, I was satisfied with the ride of my 62 with stock springs, small lift shackles and OME shocks. If you have an opportunity to drive someone else's 60 with a different suspension setup, that could be helpful.
SOR's comfort ride suspension might be the lowest aftermarket lift available. With their price, it better have a decent ride!

dogcruiser

SILVER Star
That’s a good suggestion and in line with what @cruisermatt was suggesting we do when I drop it off to him in a couple weeks. I need new shocks and steering stabilizer anyway, so do new shackles & bushings while I’m at it. Definitely not expecting a 200 series ride, but my previous 60 before this 62 came with an OME setup from a PO (not sure what “duty”) and it was a better ride than my current 62. That could have been just been due to the newer shocks on the OME setup.

I have a stock height 60 and one with OME heavy springs. The stock height is far better in terms of pavement manners. I am really debating whether I ever want to lift it.

Years ago I purchased two front springs from this place:

They fit perfectly and worked out well. Just another option you may want to try if other suppliers are not able to ship.

RodrigzCrzr

SILVER Star
I ended up cancelling the order for my front springs from General Springs. Fronts were still back ordered in late May after placing order in early Nov '21. They did ship the rears, so I am selling those and going with Dobinsons, I think. Also, really poor communication and customer service - they frequently didn't bother to answer my emails, and getting the refund wasn't easy.
I only received just the rears from this company.
What pita and the fronts are still on BO till who knows when.?
Not happy at all with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom