Stlca chit-chat (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I finally fell into a tow rig. It isn't a diesel, but after much discussion and consideration I have decided that I honestly can't justify the cost for a truck that won't get driven regularly. Besides any trucks in that age range generally have 300k+ miles on them and are ragged out.

F250, 4x4, 4 door, short bed, 460, auto

20160913_181726.jpg

2016091395181747.jpg

Plan to pick it up tomorrow and bring it back.

Only condition was that Betsy would have to find a new home. Anybody looking for a good farm truck?

90's eara Ford 250? 460 is a good engine, love all the crazy brackets ford runs on the front of their stuff. Look like a great tow-rig project, I bet it might need good check out and maybe some air bags for rear and you would be ready to roll. Of course hopefully it has a large gas tank or dual tanks.

Great find....like it! Hard to find something reasonably clean and in good mechanical condition...can't go wrong with that.

Thanks @Elbert it is a friend of a good friend. Solid mechanically, talked to the guy yesterday and he had just picked it up from his mechanic. He said he had them do a once over on it since he was getting ready to sell. Just had a injector replaced and adjusted the brakes. The guy seems on the level, and my buddy has known the truck for a few years so I feel good about what I'm starting with.

No major plans. Maybe exhaust and a good tune-up and go. A D60 swap on the 250 is a direct bolt in so I will keep an eye out for one, otherwise this one is gonna be a K.I.S.S. project. Keep it maintained, gas in it and pull hard. And yeah, dual tanks. :cool:

Starting to clean out the garage; making room for unfinished projects and things I use regularly. Anyone need a BMW hack to complement their cruiser collection? Or a few old Hondas? Maybe I should put this in buyin' sellin' tradin'. Ha.

Bumble got a bath this weekend.

0128171329_HDR-1.jpg

He cleaned up pretty well. He's getting new socks and shoes and a few other things just to get him back in shape. I will start a new thread to keep up with his exploits at some point.

I will start a new thread to keep up with his exploits at some point.

Cool truck but I'm gonna start a thread listing all of your build threads, my head's a spinnin!:flipoff2:

IMG_2219.JPG
What kind of a vacation would it be without some time in the woods. Okay so it's as close as I could get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom