STLCA 80 Series Club Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking forward to seeing it in the cove.

Nice Andy can’t wait to see it in action.

Rig looks great Andy. The stance is just right for the tires.

Yep it looks just right at least to me. the best part is it rides sooo much better.looking forward to seeing how it does on the trail.

Yep it looks just right at least to me. the best part is it rides sooo much better.looking forward to seeing how it does on the trail.

An 80 on the trail will spoil you, man! Seat time won’t bang you around, and you’ve put some miles on your big blue 40 off road, so I’m sure you’ll see a difference from comfort. Truck ability is still relative to driver, I think, which you are an expert!

Compared to your last time with it in the Cove, you'll think you've won the lottery. Looks like you decided not to put the rear bumper back on?

Not much point in putting it back on until after the new years run.
Compared to your last time with it in the Cove, you'll think you've won the lottery. Looks like you decided not to put the rear bumper back on?

Just need inner shafts or complete with birfs? If you want new, I think you will find that RCV's or TG Longs are going to be about as much, maybe cheaper than OE units. If you're looking for used, just keep an eye on the classifieds. @wardharris could probably set you up with some TT shafts.

I guess technically it's just the outer shaft on the driver side, but I figured I'd go ahead and do everything at once. If I'm reading things right, the Nitro chromoly sets are $765 which doesn't sound too bad. I just wish they would have done it when they we were rebuilding he knuckles.

Hey Daniel,

Did your shafts get worn on the outer side, the spindle side?

So are they just leaking or are they clicking? If they are good perhaps try the TG seals and see if that takes care of the leak.

For those who have done ARB installs, where did you put your switches? I've searched the 80 forum and haven't found a space I like so far - if I had to go with the ones I've seen, I'd do the driver's bolster where the three blanks are near the mirror control. Any better spots?

I went with the switch blanks near the mirror controls. Worked well and made wiring easy.

For those who have done ARB installs, where did you put your switches? I've searched the 80 forum and haven't found a space I like so far - if I had to go with the ones I've seen, I'd do the driver's bolster where the three blanks are near the mirror control. Any better spots?

Both, although the leaking is the immediate concern. Both knuckles were completely rebuilt in May so I don't know that swapping out new seals is the answer. I figure play it safe and just replace the axles then keep anything decent for spares.
Swap sides with the Birfs. That'll get you a few more miles I've heard. RCV's for the win tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom