STLCA 80 Series Club Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sadly Rocky, I made the mistake of storing stuff in there during the move and haven't fully recovered. And having it full of junk has made finishing it a slow chore. I am going to have to just hit it a little at a time and work my way around.

IMG_6042.JPG
IMG_6043.JPG
IMG_6044.JPG
Has anybody replaced the front door speakers? I was not happy w the design or use of the ultra-thin depth factory speaker. Size is 5-1/4 so when I went to install the new ones the magnet hit the glass track! DOH! I used some 1/2"X1/2" spacers & longer screws & it seemed to work fine. The inner door skin only sticks out slightly with the factory grill, can't even really notice because it's in the door jam. Oh well, just FYI. Carry on.

Edit-I should have explained I wanted to keep the factory grille look.

IMG_6050.JPG

Last edited:
Sean if you can seal up the gap between the speaker and door they will sound better.

Little late but, if those blow, the Polk Audio DB651 are shallow mount and will clear the glass without the spacers. They are pretty popular and I think they will clear the factory grills too.

I am considering using the 80 bump stops that are inside the rear coils on my 40. Does anyone know how you remove them from 80.

I haven't tried to pull mine out, but I think they are just sandwiched between the coil and mount. Otherwise there must be a bolt thru the center holding it on.

I haven't tried to pull mine out, but I think they are just sandwiched between the coil and mount. Otherwise there must be a bolt thru the center holding it on.
Got them out Saturday, there is a 12 mm head bolt inside that is hard to see

@jynx thanks for the comments. A few more pics to inspire your project. No real plans for this one. It doesn't have lockers, and I don't seem to find time for off-road trips much anymore. I may put my M8000 on the front along w some spring spacers and have fun. Would like to find a cheap set of third row seats for it as well. Pack in 7 or 8 people and cruise.

IMG_1115.JPG
IMG_1119.JPG
IMG_1122.JPG
IMG_1123.JPG

@Jeeper I have a set of grey cloth ones from my 91 that you can have if you want. They are just getting shuffled around the barn these days. I will grab a picture for you if you're interested.

And I have to give you props, that looks like a clean, straight LX that you cut the back off of. Just get bored one afternoon? I have been wanting to cut one up, but can't bring myself to cut up either of mine, and they aren't nearly as clean as that 450.

@Jeeper I have a set of grey cloth ones from my 91 that you can have if you want. They are just getting shuffled around the barn these days. I will grab a picture for you if you're interested.

And I have to give you props, that looks like a clean, straight LX that you cut the back off of. Just get bored one afternoon? I have been wanting to cut one up, but can't bring myself to cut up either of mine, and they aren't nearly as clean as that 450.

Thanks for the offer on the seats. Turns out my buddy has a set of tan LX third row seats in Cookeville. Maybe I'll snag them one day. And this truck isn't all that straight. Started life like this:
Initial.jpg

I saw your rig at Aubrey's man! Didn't know that was yours. Time for an OME suspension! Even the stock height 861/862 could handle that boat easily

Agreed, you did a good job getting him back together. I'm guessing you finally got the trans plug sorted out.

Thanks guys, yes the trans is good to go. I rebuilt the front axle w all new bearings, seals, etc & bought the OME shocks from Kevin. Plan is to keep her stock and sell. I'd love to keep but she's gotta go :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom