Builds Stiflers Hzj75rv Mild build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove her to work today, rear springs are a little tough with no weight.... i could totally daily drive this thing.... still getting used to the power band... Im going to have a huge left calf, it takes a lot more oomph on the clutch than it does in my corolla.....

very nice... I agree with Beno on the shiny rims... No bueno.

Consider having them plastic dipped black to match your bumper/roofrack/etc. It's not expensive, and can be peeled off if you decide you hate it.

If the majority of the guys want you to change rims I'm sure they would be willing to donate to the cause. :)

It's your truck :) I wouldn't choose those wheels myself but I don't think the OEM chrome wheels detract from the overall look. It's still a fantastic looking truck! I can't wait till mine is anywhere near this nice.

Im still **COUGH** UPDATE **COUGH** ing your thread on expo and here :-D......

By the way, are you going to be adding any rear storage for your rig? Its part of my plan, but ive never had to work with so much space before. I am definitely keeping the 1st set of jump seats installed, removing the second set for some type of storage that still allows access to the rear seats. The front bench doesnt move forward enough to climb in through the front.

-Andrew

Beautiful rig and I'm sure waiting for it was difficult. If you don't mind do you have a rough range of what you have into it at this point? ~$30 +/-? Been oggling these types of rigs for the last few months and need the extra space due to growing family. Thanks!

Glad it arrived safely and you're enjoying the Troopy! She's a beauty! Probably one of the nicest trucks that we've imported.

Holy s***... just spent the last 4 hours chasing down and tearing out every non standard wires. Some were in the roof, down A and D pillars, engine bay and most spooled ontop of the roof console. Removed the early 90s brake controller, tons of vampire taps and soldered and fixed both my interor lights so that they actually work in DOOR mode.

Behold my spoils!

IMG_20151112_230732.jpg
IMG_20151112_230732.jpg

Last edited:
also, first tank ran through her, not bad... I was running 75 mph, got about 17 mpg. Not accounting for tires (what came stock anyway? 31s?)....

slowing down to 65 already has me at 300KM at half a tank. should be on target to see about 20. something. Very happy about that. Havent ran the aux tank yet

Troopy (Toyota Land Cruiser) | Fuelly

Last edited:
Tell me about the garage floor. Will be building one soon myself.

Took off the visor to clean up and repaint.. im torn which look i like better.

IMG_20151115_164425.jpg

I like the visor; it's very unique. I'm curious if you have better visibility without it, though, because it doesn't look transparent. Also, do you notice any difference with wind noise?

I like the visor; it's very unique. I'm curious if you have better visibility without it, though, because it doesn't look transparent. Also, do you notice any difference with wind noise?
I did not notice any visibility issues at all, it is not transparent, its the bill of a ball cap, you get used to it. Wind noise we will see on ride into work tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom