Spotted thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spotted in Gulu, Uganda

ECC3F3F0-9F2D-49A4-9D32-61094CE30326.jpeg

On all my mission work, all the people on the trip took an extra suitcase with them "muleing" extra supplies and medicine...... it seems all those suitcases would be empty for the ride home. SO.... I HAVE AN IDEA!!!

Spotted.
75B79086-95BE-44D1-BB57-2F3947EC6DB2.jpeg
3BDE2778-A7EE-4CD2-B32D-561ABAD143B5.jpeg
2F045917-DCD2-4CFE-BE35-69841675D2D7.jpeg

How novel. Never saw a rear engine 45 before. :rofl:

The photo appears to be in southern Colorado somewhere, possibly? I also see that the "45" is linked on coil springs, and what appear to be 80-Series axles.

What are you cooking up now, @2fpower LOL

How was your trip last week?

The photo appears to be in southern Colorado somewhere, possibly? I also see that the "45" is linked on coil springs, and what appear to be 80-Series axles.

What are you cooking up now, @2fpower LOL

How was your trip last week?

Hey man, great to talk to you last week. Thanks again for your assistance trying to get us some GPS.

Can you share with the TAC folks the website your working with now? I know this crowd wants to know. Also, we need GPS for Tuttle Creek ORV. You got that?

What you are looking at there is my next project 2UZ powered FJ45 sitting on a 7" streatched 80 frame /axles.

Here is link to what the prior owner had done.....

SOLD - FJ45-FJ80 Chassis Project

Builds - Scraps, My Slow 45/80 Build

What you are looking at there is my next project 2UZ powered FJ45 sitting on a 7" streatched 80 frame /axles.

Wow! That's going to be extraordinary!

For mental note--if anyone is curious--I have a buddy in Arkansas doing 1UZ swaps into 1988-1991 Isuzu Troopers (it mates to the Isuzu 5-speed trans). He's done four complete conversions to date (see Facebook Group: Isuzu V8 Swaps)

The website is trailsoffroad.com. It is a FREE online 4x4 trail reference site. I began producing trail guides here in Colorado two years ago. Since then, it's grown a lot, with nearly 100 contributors in 25-26 states (over 1,400 trails in the system).

Every guide is formatted the same--highlight paragraph and a short video, route description, technical rating, GPS track and waypoints with pictures, camping info.

The big idea is to get contributors in different parts of each state to write guides (on trails near them) and update the guide each year. Right now, roughly 80% of the trail guides have been updated in 2018. Our biggest states are Colorado, California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, and Arkansas. We got new contributors in Texas and Georgia this year, they've both cranked out something like 30+ trail guides this summer.
In fact, J.P. Clark, the guy in Texas, has produced guides on two trails at SMORR. He's also done a few at Barnwell Mountain, and probably a dozen Texas beaches (Padre Island National Seashore, for example).

We don't have any Kansas trail guides completed. One of our Colorado guys went to Tuttle Creek and K-rocks back in February/March, but that was just for an event of some kind. He did write a blog article about it, though!

Wheeling in the Sunflower State

Wheeling in the Sunflower State, Part II

Anyway, it is online, and you can download the GPS tracks to your phone for use on a GPS app (I use Gaia, others like Garmin Basecamp). So check out Colorado, and load any of the tracks that you want! Then make another trip--maybe a group trip? out here sometime!!!

Here are some screen shots from one of the guides I did, Daisy Pass near Crested Butte.

Daisy Pass CO 1.jpg

Daisy Pass CO 2.jpg

Daisy Pass CO 3.jpg

Daisy Pass CO 4.jpg

Daisy Pass CO 5.jpg

@SAS Very cool. We are getting ready to go to Rendevous in the ozarks near Cass Arkansas at Byrd's adventure center. I don't see that on your site, unfortunately. I will likely record the trails in my Hema. Is that something I can send to you with details and add to your system?

Wow! That's going to be extraordinary!

For mental note--if anyone is curious--I have a buddy in Arkansas doing 1UZ swaps into 1988-1991 Isuzu Troopers (it mates to the Isuzu 5-speed trans). He's done four complete conversions to date (see Facebook Group: Isuzu V8 Swaps)

The website is trailsoffroad.com. It is a FREE online 4x4 trail reference site. I began producing trail guides here in Colorado two years ago. Since then, it's grown a lot, with nearly 100 contributors in 25-26 states (over 1,400 trails in the system).

Every guide is formatted the same--highlight paragraph and a short video, route description, technical rating, GPS track and waypoints with pictures, camping info.

The big idea is to get contributors in different parts of each state to write guides (on trails near them) and update the guide each year. Right now, roughly 80% of the trail guides have been updated in 2018. Our biggest states are Colorado, California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, and Arkansas. We got new contributors in Texas and Georgia this year, they've both cranked out something like 30+ trail guides this summer.
In fact, J.P. Clark, the guy in Texas, has produced guides on two trails at SMORR. He's also done a few at Barnwell Mountain, and probably a dozen Texas beaches (Padre Island National Seashore, for example).

We don't have any Kansas trail guides completed. One of our Colorado guys went to Tuttle Creek and K-rocks back in February/March, but that was just for an event of some kind. He did write a blog article about it, though!

Wheeling in the Sunflower State

Wheeling in the Sunflower State, Part II

Anyway, it is online, and you can download the GPS tracks to your phone for use on a GPS app (I use Gaia, others like Garmin Basecamp). So check out Colorado, and load any of the tracks that you want! Then make another trip--maybe a group trip? out here sometime!!!

Here are some screen shots from one of the guides I did, Daisy Pass near Crested Butte.

View attachment 1803283

View attachment 1803284

View attachment 1803285

View attachment 1803286

View attachment 1803287

I stumbled across this site while planning for my recent trip to CO and it was well organized, easy to read, and super informative. It was the only thing I read during the plan because of ya consistency across the board. The two trails I did were very accurately portrayed and each “obstacle” was noted.

Saw a beautiful 40 going past O'Reilly's on 133rd in Olathe from Blackbob last night (Sun. 10/21/18) about 7:45 PM. Headed west. It appeared to be a light green, but I can't tell colors very well. He was going too fast for me to get a good look. (I know that seems counter-intuitive.....)

That was me. I was driving a 40 I sold about 5 years ago. My family has given me loads of grief for selling it. She is affectionately known as Junkyard Jane. My oldest daughter, Morgan, drove it for most of high school and was particularly sad to see it go. Current owner was generous enough to let me borrow it for the "get away" car for her wedding this Friday. Hence the reason I will not be at tuttle with you all. Morgan is the one on the right.

IMAG0411.jpg
foto.JPG

That was me. I was driving a 40 I sold about 5 years ago. My family has given me loads of grief for selling it. She is affectionately known as Junkyard Jane. My oldest daughter, Morgan, drove it for most of high school and was particularly sad to see it go. Current owner was generous enough to let me borrow it for the "get away" car for her wedding this Friday. Hence the reason I will not be at tuttle with you all. Morgan is the one on the right.

View attachment 1815784 View attachment 1815787
Must be doing something right. I’ll start taking notes....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom