split case twin-stick kits!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I've been tinkering with this idea for quite some time now and have built a few prototypes. now I finally have a design that I'm happy with so i thought I'd start selling them.
the kits come in two versions:

1) standard kit for single t-case setups. this kit is designed to be used with long and short h42, h41 and h55f transmissions or conversions where a single split transfer case is being used. the cost for this kit is $229.98

2) the "doubler" kit. this one is designed for guys using the 203 grb units, toyboxes or any other application where more than one transfer case gear reduction unit or doubler is being used. the cost for this kit is $249.98

both kits are in stock and ready to ship; shipping is $12 flat rate anywhere in the usa. i can ship international orders as well but shipping is obviously more expensive.

these kits are loosely based on the AA twin-stick kits for the earlier one-piece fj40/45/55 transfer cases. i have modified a few of the components as well as adding a few of my own. all parts are available separately. the kits include everything you need to convert your existing mechanical shifter setup to a twin-stick system. also included are the shifter boots and black plastic shifter knobs. billet aluminum shift knobs are available as well for a little more. some simple fab work and sheet metal modification is required for the shifters themselves.
If you currently have a vacuum shifted split case then this is not a "bolt-on solution"; you'll need to change the 2-4 shift rail and add the 2-4 detent setup as well. More info here:
Vacuum to Manual t-case conversion

Here's a link to AA instructions for their kit which we can supply as well.

here are a few pics of the standard kit installed on an h55f. the first pic shows the OEM shifter setup, the next two show my twin-stick kit installed on an h55f trans and split case. both transmission/t-case combos in these pics were built by me for customers. the one in the top pic was installed by me in a customers' fj40. the one in the two bottom pics was shipped to IPOR where it's being installed into and fj40 as well.

georg @ valley hybrids
IM000833.JPG
IM000906.JPG
IM000907.JPG

Last edited:
here are a few pics of the 'doubler" twin-stick kit installed on cruiserdrews h41/toybox/split case combo. drew built the geartrain himself and then brought it to the shop where i built the twin-sticks for it. this combo will be going into drews fj60 project soon.

georg @ valley hybrids
Twin%20sticks%20001[1].jpg
Twin%20sticks%20003[1].jpg
Twin%20sticks%20006[1].jpg

fwiw, i will be building another split case with an AA adapter for a customer next week. he's requested a set of twin-sticks to go with the setup. i will be building this setup late next week and will post some pics when it's done as well. :wrench:

Last edited:
Sweet jebus that looks outstanding. Can't wait to see one available for A440F autos so I can do that on my 62.

That looks like a fantastic setup.

I have an AA adapter and my current set up is not the best...
I like to see the AA adapter set up...

Im ignorant at this set up.. does this mean I could go to 4L with out having to go through 4H and N ?

Thanks !!

The far shifter is for 2wd - 4wd and the closer one is the range selector Hi - N- Low. I want to do this for my 700r4 I think it will fit I just need to do some measuring.

Dynosoar:zilla:

Sweet jebus that looks outstanding. Can't wait to see one available for A440F autos so I can do that on my 62.

That looks like a fantastic setup.

the standard kit will work with the 62 case and auto trans. i have a complete a440f/split case combo sitting on a pallet at the shop and could do a mock-up if that helps.

georg @ valley hybrids

I have an AA adapter and my current set up is not the best...
I like to see the AA adapter set up...

Im ignorant at this set up.. does this mean I could go to 4L with out having to go through 4H and N ?

Thanks !!

thanks for the reply and question. i have one of the aa th700/split case adapters at the shop, with a freshly rebuilt split case on it. i guess i could do a mock-up of for thie setup as well if time permits.
the twin stick offers a few benefits, one of them being that you can run the vehicle in "2 low".

georg

The far shifter is for 2wd - 4wd and the closer one is the range selector Hi - N- Low. I want to do this for my 700r4 I think it will fit I just need to do some measuring.

Dynosoar:zilla:

should definetly work!

georg

Would it be possible to buy the kit for just the transmission mated to the transfer case, and then later upgrade it to work with a doubler setup? I'd like to have this now but when I get a doubler I'd like to still use the same kit, even if I have to modify it a little bit.

Would it be possible to buy the kit for just the transmission mated to the transfer case, and then later upgrade it to work with a doubler setup? I'd like to have this now but when I get a doubler I'd like to still use the same kit, even if I have to modify it a little bit.

good question!

yes, the standard kit can be upgraded to the "doubler" kit with just a simple mod. and all the parts are available seperatley so putting together and "upgrade kit" or "conversion kit" will not be an issue at all.

hth

georg @ valley hybrids

good question!

yes, the standard kit can be upgraded to the "doubler" kit with just a simple mod. and all the parts are available seperatley so putting together and "upgrade kit" or "conversion kit" will not be an issue at all.

hth

georg @ valley hybrids

Damn. I was hoping you'd say no so that would be the only excuse for me not to buy this kit! Now I've gotta find something else to sell so I can buy this.

with the shifters not bent how do they fit in a 60?

Is this the space where I sign up for the vendor giveaway???

nice try kieran!

but if i actually sell enough of these to make a profit, then i might just do an x-mas give-away. :grinpimp:

so far i have well over $1k invested in parts to make the prototypes and a few kits. plus about 25 hours of R&D...........

with the shifters not bent how do they fit in a 60?

the shifters supplied in the kits are straight and need to be bent for each specific application.

georg @ valley hybrids

the standard kit will work with the 62 case and auto trans. i have a complete a440f/split case combo sitting on a pallet at the shop and could do a mock-up if that helps.

georg @ valley hybrids

Oh cool. I thought the spacing was too far differentbetween the manuals and the A440F. Can't wait to get my Tcase rebuilt and order one of your kits. Now we just need someone to offer all the necessary parts as a vacuum to manual Tcase conversion kit :D

I assume the 62 application is one where the shifters will need to bebent, correct? Is it just a slight bend, or pretty drastic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom