Builds SouthernSS Build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks! Got the wheel bearing fixed and the battery replaced with a Diehard Platinum. I hear they are some of the best these days.

FINISHED FINALLY!

20121008_092155.jpg

20121008_092331.jpg

20121008_092217.jpg

20121008_092200.jpg

Now to prepare for SCC at the Superlift Park in Hotsprings, AR.

Looks awesome!

Nice work. Jealous.

what do you think will happen? Are you concerned the bumper will hit the truck under flex?

Firestone Destination MT's 285/70-17

a teaser from the Southern Cruiser Crawl in Hot Springs, AR this past weekend. The trip was a blast and we look forward to MANY more adventures in the GX. I was very impressed with the capabilities of the truck and have a new found respect for it.

20121013_150000.jpg

almost had a problem, but we were able to get out if it

20121011_180524.jpg

beautiful views up there

20121013_101314.jpg

20121013_145110.jpg

my wife's first time on the RTI ramp:

20121012_112508.jpg

Stuffed in the rear!

20121012_112523.jpg

Sweet bumper build! How do you like hot springs? I haven't had a chance to check it out.

Hot Springs is beautiful! I really enjoyed the views and the challenging trails. That superlift park really is nice and I look forward to going back.

We wheeled the crap outta the GX and it didnt let us down a single time. The approach angles of the bumper were great and the flex design *almost* worked perfectly :meh:. I need to add about another 1/8" of width to each side to completely clear the stock fenders. As it stands, there was VERY minor rubbing in the most extreme flex situations that needs to be addressed prior to production. Other than that, I was extremely impressed with the truck overall.

It does indeed look like a rear bumper will be forthcoming soon. I ended up in a sticky situation as we slid sideways that required me to gas it over a dropoff and it kinda ripped the rear bumper off a little. :crybaby: It wasnt anything a few zipties couldnt handle. You cant even tell it was damaged now, but I do see the need for better clearance in the back.

Glad to hear that it performed well for you. It really is an awesome looking truck in person. I would consider one if I ever decided to get out of my 100!

It was my first time to SCC and had a blast. For anyone that hasn't been, I would highly recommend it!!

Awesome teaser shots...

Any rubbing on the trail? Remind me do you have spacers?

no rubbing from the tires. There was some very slight rubbing at the fender line, but another 1/8" width on each side should fix that no problem.

yes, 1" on the front and 1.25 on the rear. I originally had 1.25 all the way around but was getting too much rub on my body mount and fender liner up front. Taking away that .25 inch really help with those 285's

Glad to hear that it performed well for you. It really is an awesome looking truck in person. I would consider one if I ever decided to get out of my 100!

It was my first time to SCC and had a blast. For anyone that hasn't been, I would highly recommend it!!

Yeah I had a great time too. The truck did everything I asked it to without complaint. It really is a great platform for getting to the event in comfort and being able to hang with any non buggy style rig.

I did a cursory inspection of the underbody yesterday and found some fresh tattoos on the gas tank skid and that flimsy little center skid. It looks like I need to get to work on a whole lotta things for this truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom