Builds SouthernSS Build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How does it drive or track down a road that's slightly cupped. Can you tell there is a difference in track width by the driving dynamics?

Drives perfectly normal with a proper alignment. Cant really tell anymore, but I seem to remember it was a bit more sensitive to steering input when I first drove it. I often swap out driving this and the 2014 4runner and honestly there isnt really a difference.

Please make something for the LX470!!!!

This build is epic. I love those fenders! You make me wish I'd gotten a GX.

Just purchased an 04 gx470 and this thread has given me a lot of inspiration. I'm originally from BR myself but have been living in northern utah since 2012. Looking forward to some overland adventures when the baby gets older.

Next time I'm in BR Ill try to swing by your shop.

Cheers
-Trav

@SouthernSS @THeGeNTLeMaN I think the bearing failed in my swing out. Had it fully load and was opening it, kind of popped and got bound. Now it's very difficult to open and close.

No I didn't grease it.

Cost for a new bearing assembly shipped to 98662 and how the heck do I change it?

Give me a call 225 384-5351

:beer:

what type of rear travel did you have when you had the air bags on and was that the standard Radflo system you sell?

I had regular travel 2.0 Radflo's at the time.

do know the travel of the reg springs and shocks, the 2.5? It looks like the long travel adds 11"

SPECS:
-tricked rear airbags with .5" solid aluminum spacers (2" of total rear lift)
I know this thread has been quiet for awhile, but I'm debating doing a spacer on my rear bags and don't quite want the 2" from an AMTS spacer (and I'm not sure those are still available). Any chance you recall the specs on your airbag spacer? Where did you get them? How well did they work/hold up? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom