Sourcing for Washers- Nuts etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm having a hard enough time getting the right bolts for my 60 build. I've noticed im missing a lot of the washers/nuts etc as well. Are you guys usually get lock washers, nuts etc from their local auto parts store on the fly? Really hoping its a yes

Beehang

The most correct hardware for your engine will come from the company that built your engine

The most correct hardware for your engine will come from the company that built your engine
Yes, going OEM on engine stuff. Calling Toyota tomorrow. but for bell housing washers or water pump bolts etc for stuff I run into along the way im wondering if guys get a way with other lock washers etc for time saving reasons.

Dan

Yes, going OEM on engine stuff. Calling Toyota tomorrow. but for bell housing washers or water pump bolts etc for stuff I run into along the way im wondering if guys get a way with other lock washers etc for time saving reasons.

Dan

You can save time up front by going to the hardware store and buying metric fasteners but you'll pay for it later. For example what would take a 12 mm socket will now require a 13 mm, or the bolt is not up to OEM standard and corrodes quickly, etc. Buy the correct parts now or regret it later.

I was in the same boat after my rebuild, missing a bunch of random nuts and bolts. Use the EPC and get the Toyota hardware from a dealer. It's more expensive but you can find competing dealerships that will give you better prices, sometimes as much as 35+% off the standard price. If you plan on keeping your truck for the long run, this is the best way to do it.

What about post 7?

What about post 7?

$229 plus another $24 for the organizer, plus tax. Even with the shipping and tax the one from the outfit in Australia it was only $235.99. Will let you know the quality when I get them. There are a few vendors on here that offer small batches of different sizes and I have suggested to them putting together a similar assortment, but they didn't seem to think it was a good idea. Just told me to order what I needed. Point with an assortment like this is that right now I dont NEED anything, but usually need something each time I do a project. This assortment seems like I will fit my needs.

I don’t remember all the details, but at one time at least Overland metric was very supportive of the
LC & Mud community. Have not kept up, are they not so much anymore?

Dan

YES , you must use real JIS hardware anywhere on your Land Cruiser .....

NO , you can't get away with using NON-JIS hardware on your Land Cruiser ....

We specialize in custom manufactured hardware that is made to more closely match OEM indented heads and sizes. And then we lab test it to confirm strength. Not as relevant to phillips hardware, but our hex head hardware is one of a kind. We are always tweaking production batches to improve.

I was in the same boat after my rebuild, missing a bunch of random nuts and bolts. Use the EPC and get the Toyota hardware from a dealer. It's more expensive but you can find competing dealerships that will give you better prices, sometimes as much as 35+% off the standard price. If you plan on keeping your truck for the long run, this is the best way to do it.
Excuse my greenness what does EPC mean?? and when you say dealer you mean Toyota ones or mud shops?

Dan

We specialize in custom manufactured hardware that is made to more closely match OEM indented heads and sizes. And then we lab test it to confirm strength. Not as relevant to phillips hardware, but our hex head hardware is one of a kind. We are always tweaking production batches to improve.
How long does it usually take for these kits to get to final destination?
In Major time crunch mode.

Beehanger

I have used both Bell Metric and Overland for my BJ60 and BJ42. Both are excellent to deal with and have high quality fasteners. My Overland stash in particular is my go-to when I need something. For Bell Metric, I buy volume. It lowers the per unit cost and does not change the shipping costs to Canada by much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom