Sonoran '66 FJ45 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently completed my first frame-off restoration of a LWB FJ45 in. factory original Spring Green at my shop north of Phoenix. It was a fantastic experience, and I have since moved on to several FJ40's my current project being a late 1975 restomod (SBC). I welcome any comments, questions and/or suggestions -- always trying to expand my knowledge base and share what I may have encountered along the way...

IMG_1257.JPG

YTcmFwdMSPK4OWFZ70hQAg.jpg

Kp80zRRLTU6xzxE8XCac%A.jpg

VAQgSOVPStSdFifyTDEhVQ.jpg

vI6nHio7SJSjYFVq%ShyCw.jpg

Are you the guy up near Anthem with all the 40s in that storage lot? The lot is north of the outlet mall on the west side of the 17.

Nice 45

I recently completed my first frame-off restoration of a LWB FJ45 in. factory original Spring Green at my shop north of Phoenix. It was a fantastic experience, and I have since moved on to several FJ40's my current project being a late 1975 restomod (SBC). I welcome any comments, questions and/or suggestions -- always trying to expand my knowledge base and share what I may have encountered along the way...

View attachment 1891220
Nice 1....
.... the tail lights are 73-84 ones, right ?:)
DSC01680-001.JPG

couldn`t find the original rear lights (disconnect)for my 72 can. Wanted to store a pair.
The newer ones don´t fit without modification.
The 45 section:
FJ45 Owners Club

Looks like you’re still on the hunt for that elusive inside mirror. Awesome rig!

so, have an identical 45...same year, color in a little better physical condition.

When did you want to start?

nice rig

soooo pretty! love the color combo with the coral seats

Nice 1....
.... the tail lights are 73-84 ones, right ?:)View attachment 1891356
couldn`t find the original rear lights (disconnect)for my 72 can. Wanted to store a pair.
The newer ones don´t fit without modification.
The 45 section:
FJ45 Owners Club

The tailgate has four hinges so it's later. I purchased a three hinge tailage from Kevin @Awl_TEQ . When he made the valance available he made a three hinge with new style tailgate light cut outs. My bug catcher windows doors were replaced with newer ones. F135 was gone and early 2F in its place. Not worrying about being correct. This one may be titled as a 66 but bug catcher vent windows, vent in the bottom of the windshield and the 45 degree angle fresh air intake all ended in mid 65. If it doesn't have it now probably had the brass tag attached to the plaque under the hood when it was sold.

The tailgate has four hinges so it's later. I purchased a three hinge tailage from Kevin @Awl_TEQ . When he made the valance available he made a three hinge with new style tailgate light cut outs. My bug catcher windows doors were replaced with newer ones. F135 was gone and early 2F in its place. Not worrying about being correct. This one may be titled as a 66 but bug catcher vent windows, vent in the bottom of the windshield and the 45 degree angle fresh air intake all ended in mid 65. If it doesn't have it now probably had the brass tag attached to the plaque under the hood when it was sold.
And heater ducting .
Nice rig!
You're right. the tailgate was missing from the original and I had to fabricate the hinges to fit the 4-hinge tailgate I was able to obtain. The heater ducting and rear- view mirror are now installed, and the tail lights are also from a later model. Good eyes and thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom