Solved: Brake pedal sinks when put in park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

60s have a LSPV, it's under the Master cyl.

Here's a replacement for FJ62s

60s have a proportioning valve, yes, but it's not a load-sensing one like in the 62.

I deleted my LSPV because it makes for a much more complex system, since it requires a return line to the junction block on the front passenger frame rail.

I was replacing a bunch of rusty line anyway, so I just went with a Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve. It's not too pricey - around $100 I think. City Racer sells them as do most speed shops (though they're less likely to have the metric fitting version).

I fabbed up a little bracket and hung the PV below the MC (using two of the booster mounting studs) where it's easy to reach and adjust. So far the system is working well!

zzz62074.jpg

60s have a proportioning valve, yes, but it's not a load-sensing one like in the 62.

I deleted my LSPV because it makes for a much more complex system, since it requires a return line to the junction block on the front passenger frame rail.

I was replacing a bunch of rusty line anyway, so I just went with a Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve. It's not too pricey - around $100 I think. City Racer sells them as do most speed shops (though they're less likely to have the metric fitting version).

I fabbed up a little bracket and hung the PV below the MC (using two of the booster mounting studs) where it's easy to reach and adjust. So far the system is working well!

View attachment 3411029
How has it been dialing that Wilwood valve in? I assume you can adjust the front versus rear braking pressure, right?

How has it been dialing that Wilwood valve in? I assume you can adjust the front versus rear braking pressure, right?

I haven't really felt the need to mess with it yet. I have it set at the minimum setting (i.e. the most juice sent to the rears) and I haven't noticed any tendency for the rears to lock up prematurely. If they did, I guess I'd just keep adjusting the PV incrementally until the fronts and rears felt more or less balanced. Sorry I don't have more info for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom