So what kind of tires are you guys running? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couldnt resist chiming in...

Old School 33/12.5/15 BFG M/T's on 15" Pro Comp "D" Steelies with 3.5" BS
OME Heavy/Heavy Combo
*Pic taken before the SOR damage multiplier replaced by an ARB* ;)

Are you running some type of spacer on the wheels?

Silent Armor Goodyears

305 75 16 Slient Armor Goodyear, fine for an occasional off road, any weather, and long drives. Great tire.
100_1299.jpg

Dick Cepek FC 2's 33 x 12.50's on 15 X7 steel rims. 4" spring lift. No rubbing or scrubbing. Ran the 33's on sagged out suspension with no dramas. When comparing with the GPS, the speedo is spot on with the 33's fitted and read 10% overdriven with the original 31's fitted.

Elbert-
No spacers needed. I made sure to get the correct BS on the rims so i wouldnt need spacers. Was considering spacers for a wider stance but since this isnt my trail rig, it can wait. No rub issues to date.

33x12.5x15 Maxxis Bighorn on 15x8" King sunnies. Sure they make noise but looking at them, why wouldn't they :D. 2" lift too
IMGP2620.jpg

Anyone got a good recommendation on a DD tire in the 35-36" range? The only thing I've come up with is the MTR.

I run 35x12.5x15 BFG A/T on the street & 35x12.5x15 ProComp Xterrains when I wheel

I run 35x12.5x15 BFG A/T on the street & 35x12.5x15 ProComp Xterrains when I wheel

I ran the BFG's for 2 years in the 33" variety, but I didn't know if that was still the cat's meow when you got into the larger sizes.

i have 2 inch body lift but not yet done a suspension lift.....seems like I got plenty of room but is it worth it to move up to 33" tires before I do the lift? I need some new tires now and doing them first....and will be using my stock 15" chrome wheels.

367604382.jpg

31 x 12.5 tsl thornbirds good and loud. cant hear anything but tire above 45mph. i love em

Just got these 35 12.50s a couple weeks ago fom desertrat they seem to fit nicely even under a lot of flex. Wont know till I get it out on the trail for the first time next weekend
fj right side.jpg

Just got these 35 12.50s a couple weeks ago fom desertrat they seem to fit nicely even under a lot of flex. Wont know till I get it out on the trail for the first time next weekend

That's a good lookin' truck.

I have 35x12.5's but am SUA and I have some rub that I need to deal with. I'm sure being SOA will assure you have no clearance issues.

BTW, nice truck - love love the red 62's. ;)
a.jpg

just ordered BFG KM2 33x10.5x15s for my FJ60 with a lift....and stock chrome wheels. I wanted the Toyo Open Country MT but nobody could find them on their sales list...:( :( So went with KM2..only $5 per tire more than KM models...and wont have to worry about not being able to find a replacement if I tear a sidewall since the KMs are phased out and getting hard to locate.

I will let you know by weekend how they work and include pics. :D

I have the Mickey T Baja MTZ's wrapped around Sunraysia's on my rig.
They're of the 31x10.5 variant but I really should've got 33x12.5 or something.
Not loud on the road and excellent off road. :)
Heres a pic. If it works.
l_713a78e137e040d99cc1afd47818a77a.jpg

ive got 35x12.5x15 yokohama geolander mts they are probbally the best tires i have ever had for my fj60 if you have the gears to turn them thery ride nice on road pull like a mofo in mud i can dig through about any swamp in florida never had them in deep clay i had 265/85/16 baja claws before they were ok but didnt have the floatation these do

Hello,
I need to get new tires for the 60 in the next few weeks. I am running 31x10.5x15's on the stock wheels. I currently have Pirelli's on the truck that are not very good at all! On my Pathfinder I run 31x10.5x15 BFG At's, and I think that is a great tire on the Path. However will it be good on my 60, ie: the weight of the 60? On the Path they seem to last forever.
I don't do much off-roading at all, so I guess an AT would be good. Any other ideas? How loud would the BFG Mt's be?

Thanks,
Zack

I've been running BFG AT for over a decade with very good results. On my mini truck 4x4 I could get near 80K out of a set, but I'd usually replace them around 60k. On the Fj62, I'll be tickled pink if I get 50K out of a set.

30 x 9.5 on 15 x 8" rock crawlers.

I run cooper sst 35s love em, work good and quiet. On my 40 i run 35 bfg mtrs loud, like the coopers better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom