So what kind of tires are you guys running? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

32x11.5 fit but they rub stock on a 60. only with some articulation, not normal driving. i assume a 62 is the same. worked fine for me . :beer:

Did a lot of head scratching before buying new rubber for the rig. :hmm:

Previously, had a set Remington 31x10.50's that were fine when they were new, but after a few years felt unsafe in winter conditions - like skis in the snow.

(The FJ62 is a DD, and is mostly on pavement).

Since I'm running a OME lift, I considered 33x9.50’s, but felt they would be too skinny for my taste. So, I went with a set of BFG 33x10.5 AT's and pretty happy with the choice.

i ride now 235/85/16 bfg mud on 7X16 off set-10 and wheel spacing of 3cm(about 1inch) with OME Dakar and a little rub occur in the front......last week i insert one of the rear leaf spring in the front so now ther is more height in the front and the rear are just more confortable:clap:
the next bfg mud i would like is 255/85/16(33")for more ground clearence but i think that i must limit the front travel of the axle for not totaly rub under the front indicator light:bang:

of course 3.70:1
hj 61 12ht

33x12.5x15 BFG AT KO on 15x8 American Racing Wheels - spare on stock rim (15x6) They are very well mannered on the road and perform well in most off-road situations. However, I think the MT's look way cooler and offer better traction in certain conditions.

Dynosoar:zilla:

Michelin vs. ProComp on FJ62

I've run 2 sets of 30X950R15 Michelin XCX APTs (SEARS model of AT) on my FJ62 (and 265X75R16 set on Tundra). Consistently get >65K in typical DD use, as well as gravel roads. At about 60K, begin to notice loss of traction on wet pavement; still plenty of tread left.

The FJ62 I got in 05 had the same size in Pro Comp ATs. Tire is visibly smaller & makes a tremendous difference in handling compared to sure-footed Michelins. Might not matter if put on a much lighter vehicle.

Michelin just came out with a new AT: AT2 (inventive name, eh?). Have run those on the Tundra for 4K. Not disappointed. Wife didn't recall Tundra handled so well . . . .

SEARS might well be dealin' on the XCX APTs as a discontinued tire; and I'm sure Michelins come in sizes necessary to require new gears in diffs. :cool:

35x12.5 on 10" rims, love these tires on the street and in the small amount of dirt that I've gotten in over the last few weeks that they've been on.

I run...

I run 35"x12.5" siped Goodyear MTR's on 15x8 Black Fauxbeads.
LOVE THEM...

wheelinnm003td2.jpg

By trapper50cal, shot with EX-Z60 at 2008-04-08

33x12.5 Maxxis Bravo 751's on 15x8 Eagle Alloys. I have the OME heavy/heavy suspension.
Big_Tires.JPG

Get this...
Bought a set of barely used (3,000 miles on 'em) Winston Winners A/T (31/10.5) from my MB mechanic, for $200, and I really liked them, despite being panned by most reviewers. I put about 20,000 miles on them and they are perhaps 50% worn, but maybe less. They were on Sheila (stock HJ60 w/ 3" lift springs). Looked good, VERY quiet, but poor mud performance. They are under Tofu now, and will remain there until I need new tires, and then BFG 33/10.5 A/T or M/T. Winston, however went out of business...

235/75 R15 BFG ATs on the street, 33x12.5 Swamper TSLs on the trail (with slight rub). Both sets on stock rims, OME Dakkar lift.
IMG_3310.jpg
IMG_3412.jpg

Round, black ones. :)

33 X 12.50 x 15 Firestone Destination M/T's
37 x 12.50 X15 Goodyear MTR's

31 x10.5 x15 BFG AT with AAL work great for me. Pretty much keep it on the pavement. The tire is pretty inexpensive and they last a very long time. Oh yeah the road noise isnt bad either.
Good luck,
Paul
landcruiser after.jpg

Couldnt resist chiming in...

Old School 33/12.5/15 BFG M/T's on 15" Pro Comp "D" Steelies with 3.5" BS
OME Heavy/Heavy Combo
*Pic taken before the SOR damage multiplier replaced by an ARB* ;)
BFG MT.jpg

31 x10.5 x15 BFG AT with AAL work great for me. Pretty much keep it on the pavement. The tire is pretty inexpensive and they last a very long time. Oh yeah the road noise isnt bad either.
Good luck,
Paul

Nice rims. Silly-looking (small) tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom