86 Silver Cruiser Refurb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought I would add photos of my project vehicle. I purchased it from Stickboy who chronicled the swap of the gas engine to a 13 BT with a 5 speed from a BJ 74.

So far, I had it painted, some body work, tinted the windows, added an ARB Bumper that I purchased here, a set of wheels from a 97 FJ80 that I had at one time, a set of 305 16 Goodyears, and a few other refreshments in the cab that I will add to my second post.
100_1298.jpg
100_1299.jpg
100_1300.jpg

Interior photos of FJ60 Refurb

I had a set of FJ100 Seats that I planned to use in another vehicle but sold it before ever making the change. The are great, really comfortable, the bolt pattern moves me slightly closer to the center, and place the seat behind the "b" post, a big deal for safety redesign (I'm 6'1" so the leg room is fine). The bad news is, the console that I purchased won't fit now and the seatbelts had to be rearranged. Anyway, after some help here, I wired the power seats and the seat heaters.

I added an "a" post gauge pod, for my EGT gauge, as well as a fuel gauge for my "second" tank, that will be important for my next major modification to this vehicle, and a clock, I like a standard clock. Anyway, I added several Alpine goodies because I like music including an IDA X100 with the Ipod adapter. I purchased a dash cap, the old one was cracked in multiple locations.

The overhead console came from a Chevy Trailblazer 2001 model and the mirror is a Donnelly with temp and compass. You may see some of the silver insluation blanket showing through holes that are not yet covered. Before this interior work, I stripped it to the metal, insulated the floor and took the floor carpet to the car wash. $20 worth of degreaser and soap later, it was actually clean for the most part, but it was a mess before, at some point looks like a quart of oil had spilled on the floorboard. Lots of other general work, reworked the AC, brakes, replaced rotors and pads/shoes, etc.

Still, lots of work to do, sensor for exterior temp, figure out the electrical components of the overhead console, design a console that will fit the available space, maybe a rear bumper with a spare attachment, some type of running boards, and come up with a few solutions for the big project; adding a waste veggie oil system.

If someone has a good understanding of the fuel system for a 13BT, I'd like to ask you a few questions to help with my design.

Also, if someone has access to the wiring schematic for one of the overhead consoles from an 01 Chevy Trailblazer, I'd like to have some help with that too.
Thanks
100_1301.jpg
100_1302.jpg
100_1303.jpg

curious as to how much you paid for the paint and bodywork, and how much bodywork it took. I'm considering options for my silver 86.

Paint/Body work

Quotes were all over the place, from $1120 to $3200. I purchased it from "stickboy" here on this forum, who reported that it may have been the worst body work he had ever seen on a vehicle. But, it had what I wanted, a new (less than 100k)diesel drive train with a 5 speed, and the bonus was a new suspension system with 2" of lift. I live in NC and we have several places that used to be Macco shops, some are better quality some are even worse if you can imagine that, anyway one of those places, with a fairly good reputation did the work and paint with a 2 year warranty. 19 hours of body work, two coats and clearcoat. Not great by any means but not too bad. Anyway, one color, (no color change) no jams, some small body work in other places and lots of work on the drivers rear quarter. Took'em two weeks but it looks a whole lot better than it did. Not a $3200 job but then again, I did not have $3200 to spend on the project. The paint was $500 and the rest was bodywork.

curious as to how much you paid for the paint and bodywork, and how much bodywork it took. I'm considering options for my silver 86.

FJ80 Wheels

Can't tell you they would have been my first choice, however, since I had a spare set of aluminum wheels, it was a shame to let them sit, the chrome center caps on the rear and the chrome sleeves for the front (that will be on it the next time the wheels come off) should make it better, or not . . . after new tires, and paint, it made $en$e to use them.;)

I don't like the wheels. Give me time, they might grow on me. But first thought was eeewwwww. I'm a big fan of the silver and the 100 series seats though. Impressive.

wow, sharp looking modernized 60!

Can't tell you they would have been my first choice, however, since I had a spare set of aluminum wheels, it was a shame to let them sit, the chrome center caps on the rear and the chrome sleeves for the front (that will be on it the next time the wheels come off) should make it better, or not . . . after new tires, and paint, it made $en$e to use them.;)

Can't really fight that logic. I guess I'd do the same.

Spacers??

I like the way they look and have thought about a set for my 60, what did you have to use for spacers or did they fit...any info is appreciated...
Thanks
Monty

I like it, great upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom