So I did a thing aka How to kill a cow with a Supercharged 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad everyone is OK.

In Idaho, he'd be paying for the cow as well. Talk about a kick to the pills.

The insurance did cover the ranchers loss fwiw.

What is your sense of how much better things would be with a proper front bumper? Limit mechanical damage and only bodywork/headlights?

I've had customers hit similar animals and while it certainly damaged the bumper the grill the hood the headlights etc, it was drivable.

Glad everyone is OK.

In Idaho, he'd be paying for the cow as well. Talk about a kick to thebpills.
Ahhhhh.... I thought you originally meant the rancher had insurance. I should check my policy on that front....this place is one giant free range.

Wow that's crazy! I'm glad to hear everyone is ok! If somehow the bumper falls through, I have a complete one to the clips and trim and fog lights off a 2013 sitting in the back yard I can bring to Cruise Moab. It's pretty clean - here are pics right as it was coming off:

ACtC-3cfwmWXsGbMEsEYozHuCmb3jmkygg6TGlViDa0wdISHdnzm1xXQ6KPdq6J5_jxL5LCE0aDWAXpdWXAh3Rayo6rvaiD2nyUU1LPzyj1dPU5aJqcmFGQXDQghSSN-jV-IFQ6gpi8jP8a5LlUop3KzwB01fA=w1250-h937-no

ACtC-3ctcG1YnvWzz862qwMTBaDwWKSSGIH3rJN6trmsyXn9xe_MMZgSrxAZ0DMW_f17xLIx94PaAXSg33iuQsxM7Nyo_Nk84LUtdQ4LNQONiwX8L8X9nCSbTn3FYVH7RVoT9LdJYGMiYfD-NmXxHWG2BDpGog=w1250-h937-no

I've had customers hit similar animals and while it certainly damaged the bumper the grill the hood the headlights etc, it was drivable.
Any frame damage post impact with front bumpers?
Looking forward to the build!

Wow that's crazy! I'm glad to hear everyone is ok! If somehow the bumper falls through, I have a complete one to the clips and trim and fog lights off a 2013 sitting in the back yard I can bring to Cruise Moab. It's pretty clean - here are pics right as it was coming off:

ACtC-3cfwmWXsGbMEsEYozHuCmb3jmkygg6TGlViDa0wdISHdnzm1xXQ6KPdq6J5_jxL5LCE0aDWAXpdWXAh3Rayo6rvaiD2nyUU1LPzyj1dPU5aJqcmFGQXDQghSSN-jV-IFQ6gpi8jP8a5LlUop3KzwB01fA=w1250-h937-no

ACtC-3ctcG1YnvWzz862qwMTBaDwWKSSGIH3rJN6trmsyXn9xe_MMZgSrxAZ0DMW_f17xLIx94PaAXSg33iuQsxM7Nyo_Nk84LUtdQ4LNQONiwX8L8X9nCSbTn3FYVH7RVoT9LdJYGMiYfD-NmXxHWG2BDpGog=w1250-h937-no

That would be killer as it’s the right color. Could you get it to CM easy?

Glad everyone is OK.

In Idaho, he'd be paying for the cow as well.

For folks who do not know, in states (mostly western) cattle and other livestock are allowed to free range in many areas, that is they are not fenced in, if you hit them you are financially responsible for the loss. In the case where cattle and other livestock are outside the fencing, if you hit them you are not financially responsible for the loss.

When speeding through parts of Nevada I am more worried about the cattle than the cops.

Last edited:
When speeding through parts of Nevada I am more worried about the cattle than the cops.

Absolutely. Land Cruiser animal strikes are not exactly rare around the west and it's most often cows :eek:

Like they say, if you wanna drive and hit cows, take a Jeep.

If you wanna drive and hit cows, walk away, do a few repairs to the front-end, and then stick 'er back on the road then take a Land Cruiser.

Last edited:
What is your sense of how much better things would be with a proper front bumper? Limit mechanical damage and only bodywork/headlights?
And driver with injuries from taking the higher g forces

Somehow I don’t think hitting a squishy object like a cow , even if it is very heavy, is a problem for occupant injuries, other than maybe parts going through the glass.

Hitting another car or very solid object? Possibly. But then some of these bumpers are specifically designed and crash tested to prevent the scenario you bring up.. but not all of them.

Hit a cow in Central UT in a '67 BMW 2000TI years ago also going about 60. Beat the hood flat enough to see over and put in a Pinto radiator and drove it for another year, pretty ugly but went straight as ever down the road.

How much does a cow cost?

Say what? I'm not seeing the connection. A cow isn't going to induce injuring g-force on a bull bar equipped Land Cruiser.

Saw the aftermath of an F-250 vs cow collision once. Front end was completely crumpled and the truck rode up on top of the cow. Somehow the poor cow was still alive and bellowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom