So I did a thing aka How to kill a cow with a Supercharged 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
To be clear, the thing I did was buy the cow-killer, not kill the cow. :D

We were on a winter desert trip throughout Central and Southern Utah a couple months back. My pal was in the tail with his SC'd 2013 200 as we were winding our way into the San Rafael Swell late in the evening. We spotted and called out some free range cattle off the side of the highway, the tail wasn't having good luck. He drove thru a cow at 65 mph :eek: The cow was mortally wounded, the Cruiser too. The insurance company hauled it (the Cruiser, we drug the cow off the highway with the Sheriff) to Green River, then to Denver? and eventually back to our shop in SLC.

Plans: TBD. Engine is fine, transmission is new (long story) and damage is isolated to sheet metal, frame is untouched and inner fenders even have super minimal damage. No reason not to repair, it's a relatively low mile 200, I know the last two owners, it's got suspension and a drawer system, oh and that Supercharger :D

received_2606078413024831.jpeg

Best part... Immediately after the impact he looked at his folded hood and wondered "how am I going to drive home with the hood like that" :D

He was a bit in shock and it took a moment to realize just how messed up the front was was. Coolant and trans fluid draining, the fan into the radiator, etc.

Let me get this straight... He drove thru a cow at 65 mph and he is OK? The engine is OK? I mean I'm very glad he is OK and sorry for the truck but holy cow....:steer:

Pics of the cow?

To be clear, the thing I did was buy the cow-killer, not kill the cow. :D

We were on a winter desert trip throughout Central and Southern Utah a couple months back. My pal was in the tail with his SC'd 2013 200 as we were winding our way into the San Rafael Swell late in the evening. We spotted and called out some free range cattle off the side of the highway, the tail wasn't having good luck. He drove thru a cow at 65 mph :eek: The cow was mortally wounded, the Cruiser too. The insurance company hauled it (the Cruiser, we drug the cow off the highway with the Sheriff) to Green River, then to Denver? and eventually back to our shop in SLC.

Plans: TBD. Engine is fine, transmission is new (long story) and damage is isolated to sheet metal, frame is untouched and inner fenders even have super minimal damage. No reason not to repair, it's a relatively low mile 200, I know the last two owners, it's got suspension and a drawer system, oh and that Supercharger :D

View attachment 2633797

Aw man... I know the cows it prob hit... All those dang free rangers in Utah. Just missed ine standing on the highway two years ago... :-0

Glad the truck will survive.
Hope someone made some nice steaks...

Let me get this straight... He drove thru a cow at 65 mph and he is OK? The engine is OK? I mean I'm very glad he is OK and sorry for the truck but holy cow....:steer:

Pics of the cow?

This is the wake. Quite odd, all the other cows came over and bid their farewells before wandering off in darkness.

94225.jpeg

Aw man... I know the cows it prob hit... All those dang free rangers in Utah. Just missed ine standing on the highway two years ago... :-0

Glad the truck will survive.
Hope someone made some nice steaks...

The rancher did just fine. He got a full payout from the insurance and likely harvested what was left too. Just a way of life on free range public land.

This may illustrate the hit a little better. The cow (circled) is about 60? feet behind his stopped Cruiser. We figure the cow flew/skid approx 30'

20210402_195037.jpg

It was a hard hit but of course the 200 is a stalwart beast. We test that regularly with our Canguro efforts and our personal 200 rallying but this was serious impressive. No air bags, no damage to doors, etc. Wild.

So far I've tracked down a new grill assembly (thanks @WildYoats), a new bumper cover (thanks @ckkone) and @bryson has some nasty bling headlights as an option. Toyota sells the entire core support assembly and of course all the peripheral needs.

So far I've tracked down a new grill assembly (thanks @WildYoats), a new bumper cover (thanks @ckkone) and @bryson has some nasty bling headlights as an option. Toyota sells the entire core support assembly and of course all the peripheral needs.
You might have them from all the work you guys do on 200s, but I've got the crash bar and frame horns from my recent bumper install.
Holding onto it in case someone ever needs it

:D

Or a supercharged prerunner

Yes! Tundra front and rear and fiberglass fenders, since it sounds like you *need* these anyway. Or full custom arms?

I need a totaled 200. Mine is too new to go full project yet like my FJ-62 was.

You might have them from all the work you guys do on 200s, but I've got the crash bar and frame horns from my recent bumper install.
Holding onto it in case someone ever needs it

We do have stacks of them. This will likely get a front bumper of some variety.

The irony, we sat around the campfire the evening before talking about his bumper options as it was 'time' for protection.

Yes! Tundra front and rear and fiberglass fenders, since it sounds like you *need* these anyway. Or full custom arms?

I need a totaled 200. Mine is too new to go full project yet like my FJ-62 was.

I'd probable do the same trimmed steel fenders we do on Monica with 37's. Rear would be tough as the racecar has so much body lift.

Yeah, I guess if you don't have fender coverage laws to deal with or dedicated OHV cutting is easier and cheaper

Yeah, I guess if you don't have fender coverage laws to deal with or dedicated OHV cutting is easier and cheaper

Utah does have fender flare laws but even the race car would honestly pass for daily use around town.

Glad everyone is OK.

In Idaho, he'd be paying for the cow as well. Talk about a kick to the pills.

What is your sense of how much better things would be with a proper front bumper? Limit mechanical damage and only bodywork/headlights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom