Since we need one.... The Club Chat Thread!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mandy just showed me the video of Travis's 40 moving under its own power. Nice work guys! I definitely doubted it would get done. Is it going to cruising da woods now?

Well, it took a few too many trips to the parts stores, but Travis and Bethany's 40 made its first shake down run last weekend....

It ran great, but we did find a broken birf at the mining claim. Its unclear if he broke it or if it was a prior injury.... So we'll let him off the hook on that one...

Yes, T's checking the water depth there.......

0923181129a.jpg

0923181146.jpg

0923181548b.jpg

received_307843066676053.jpeg

received_338257000077513.jpeg

I accomplished one of my redneck life goals today, I made a tire rack! And I partially enclosed the firewood/ carport area with our old garage doors. I'm fairly certain I was born in White City... Which according to the sign is a "Great Place to Live." I have it on good authority that "Winter is Coming!" Can't wait to go bury the Tundra in the snow with my, new to me, tires. Is it too early to be dreaming about the bacon run?
20181001_153338.jpg

20181001_153320.jpg

Uh, I think your 40 hasn't moved in a while...I came across this while at work. Owner says it has a rebuilt motor, brakes and so on. He had an electrical fire.. He knows someone that can fix it up and restore it for about 2 grand. Its been sitting a while, his other son might come get it and fix it up. Not for sale I guess. I am not sure how long it would take to get out if I did buy it..
IMG_20181015_101018951.jpg

If you're ever in Vegas, I highly recommend Dream Racing at the Vegas Motor Speedway. I got to drive a Porsche 911 gt3 and Nissan gtr on a track. It was freaking nuts! The gtr was 4 laps and the gt3 was 5, on a 1.5 mile course. You have a guy with you but you can go as fast as you want. My instructor was about 20 years old and was a factory race car driver for Lamborghini. He raced in the Lamborghini world cup. I hit about 100 mph and almost pooped myself a little in the gt3. It got pretty squirrely under braking because the fastest part of the track was right before the slowest. It was freaking epic! You can rent all kinds of super cars, then afterwards he let me climb all over the other ones. You can also do actual race cars from Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche.
20181018_105321(0).jpg

20181018_105153.jpg

20181018_110942.jpg

20181018_110709.jpg

I always hauled ass down the straightaway at top speed but going into the banked curve my car would "pop' out of the slot and bounce off the hall cabinets!:hillbilly: It was thrilling though! :steer:

I question the actual amount of fun you had by how conservatively you are dressed! :rainbow:

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas,

Anyone interested in doing a long weekend hitting Cline Butte for a day and some simple wheeling. Then the Rim Butte trails for some more hard core wheeling? Was wanting to do it some time this year, but think it'll be some time earlish next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom