Since we need one.... The Club Chat Thread!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is something I did on my original 80 and about five other's for people, and figured if anyone here has an e-locked 80 rear(or knows anyone that does). Send them my way if they want this done.

What this does is allows you to remove the short axleshaft when you twist it if you wheel hard on it.

This is my rear shaft, and is Soo much easier with carbide tooling and a decent size lathe. Took less time turn and reinstall than removing the cone washers on the flange.

IMG_20190129_155956_4.jpg

Normally the splines are continous, I just turn the section of unused splines off. When things go south you'll twist the splines in the section that gets removed which won't allow the shaft to be slid out of the locking collar.

Can anyone help identify this pin? I have a few others with swastikas which are obviously German military. These all came from a long past family member that was in Germany during WWII. This is the only one that I can't find anywhere.

Eagle Shield.jpg

And if you start giving me sh!t about a non-PC piece of memorabilia then don't worry, it's Gnob's not mine!

Post in chat.

I looked for a good 45 minutes and couldn't find anything. You need to find a wwii historian. Everything I found was the entire eagle not just the head. Post up when you figure it out.

Can anyone help identify this pin? I have a few others with swastikas which are obviously German military. These all came from a long past family member that was in Germany during WWII. This is the only one that I can't find anywhere.
What I've found is that the "Cross of Lorraine" or "Two Barred Cross" was often used by the French. An image of a Nazi collaborator wearing the cross is suspected to be french. It also seems to be linked to the Masons. I haven't found anything tying the bird head (eagle probably??) to the cross though.

I would guess it has something to do with a Nazi unit that worked in France. The layout of it is probably an insult to the French variant. The top bar is shorter but it is offset to one side, probably skewing the French meaning, and possibly worn by French defectors to the Nazis.
The eagle head matches fairly closely to the German black eagle coat of arms.

An alternative is possible however as well, it may be French and represent the French "Two Barred Cross" around the German black eagle's neck. A resistance pin maybe?

Thirdly it could be Austrian based solely on this image I found Austria-Hungary Germany Coat of arms of Austria - eagle

All this is conjecture from what I've found online but its the best I could come up with.

Thanks for all the input guys. I will take this further and report back!

Going to play in the bigger snow tomorrow, headed up little Applegate to try for Wrangle camp. All are welcome, just bring you big boy shoes and be prepared for hours of going no where.

Meeting in Ruch at some point in the morning.

Going to play in the bigger snow tomorrow, headed up little Applegate to try for Wrangle camp. All are welcome, just bring you big boy shoes and be prepared for hours of going no where.

Meeting in Ruch at some point in the morning.
Be safe and post some pics later! :)

Purdy... We went up our road for a quick drive and I got passed by a Ford explorer with snow tires .. I could have aired down but had to get back for domestic obligations. I miss my bfg ATs..

Nice, I wanted to go on that today but I'm too busy at the moment. I think I'd have just been an anchor anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom