Since we need one.... The Club Chat Thread!!! (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you wanna see a bunch of fj40 guys cry I posted my build thread over their section.

Dooo eeet

Got a little practice in for the bacon run this weekend.
Polish sausage wrapped in ground beef wrapped in Carne asada wrapped in bacon with some pepper jack topping it off.
20201003_184559.jpg

20201003_185510.jpg

Well so much for the gambler 500 rig : ( I was looking forward to seeing how that turned out.

Very interesting. I'll definitely be watching that.
I'm surprised with all you do you don't have a plasma cutter.

Anyone know a tile guy? Have a small job in a couple weeks... 👍
No, although I did my fireplace years ago with 0 experience and it was surprisingly easy. You can rent or buy a tile saw. The hardest part was making clean cuts but once you get that dialed in its no problem.

In case anyone was looking for some sort of onboard air... I love this little battery operated compressor! I have a bunch of ryobi batteries but it'll do about 2 35's from 0-20psi on a 4ah battery. Its quiet and weighs less than 93 twinkies or 47 pieces of bacon. $100 for the compressor at home depot and maybe another $100 for two batteries.
20210114_134741.jpg

I have been thinking about stepping up to a cordless kit and it seems like there are some decent compressors out there. I also like the idea of a cordless chainsaw and impact to have on the rig out in the woods. A 1-2klb come-a-long would come in handy too...

The Milwaukee 18v chainsaw is great as well as their line of 18v impacts. They have thus far utterly failed with their tire inflation options (crap 12v one that is for quads, dirt bikes, etc) and they don't have any compressors.

I have the chainsaw and actually the pole saw (got that as a free accessory to the weed eater), both of these work great. For the impacts the ones I listed are the more current ones and I have an auto body tech friend and a construction friend that both swear these are great.

I stand corrected, they do have an 18v air compressor but I just found out about it and don't have any experience. Reviews say good for light loads but I don't know so can't recommend.

Part numbers:
Air Compressor 2840
Chainsaw 2727
Impact (3/8 and 1/2) 2962, 2960, 2854, 2855, 2962P, 2855P

The great thing about this is bring two 18v 12A or 9A batteries and you can run any of these tools as needed and should be good for a several day trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom