Show off your tools! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My old shop stereo needed to be retired, had it since 2008. So I decided to upgrade to this. Holy crap! Sounds really really good for what it is! 😎🤙

View attachment 3471691

Testing it right now. 👨🏻‍🦱

View attachment 3471692

Cheers
I used have a dual zone Denon amp, with both indoor and outdoor speakers in my garage, but ultimately, I ended up going very much the same route as you, I have an excellent thumping Bluetooth speaker for music since my office is now elsewhere in the house. It works like a champ and drowns out most of my busted-knuckle cussing. Those things have gotten rather impressive.

E5D53120-B76B-40BC-A4D2-D176BF2FCD1E.jpeg

😎🤙

Cheers

Had to look up what that does. Now I wanna see how it works, very cool.
Planning on setting most of my rig up with Deutsch/Amphenol connectors. There are several types of Deutsch solid barrel crimpers, but this one has the interchangeable turret heads and positioners for setting up to crimp all kinds of different varieties of barrel contacts.

Planning on setting most of my rig up with Deutsch/Amphenol connectors. There are several types of Deutsch solid barrel crimpers, but this one has the interchangeable turret heads and positioners for setting up to crimp all kinds of different varieties of barrel contacts.
Jealous.

Many years ago in a past life I worked in the oil patch and all our instrumentation used Amphenol connectors, so I'm familiar with them. I really liked them even though they were kinda a PITA. I learned the hard way to not forget to slide the barrel onto the cable before soldering on the connector.

Yup :flipoff2:

biggusdickus.jpg

cheers,
george.

I lost a few nice tools in the parking lot of the hotel i was staying at in moab a few months back and was replacing some stuff and found these pliers. They are EXACTLY the same as my old Snap On SRP2B snap ring pliers. I guess they are licensed. Either way, $80 for Snap-on, $20 from Amaz-on. They are literally identical.

WYQ6PLah.jpg

BodYah2h.jpg

SRP2B_v2.jpg

I lost a few nice tools in the parking lot of the hotel i was staying at in moab a few months back and was replacing some stuff and found these pliers. They are EXACTLY the same as my old Snap On SRP2B snap ring pliers. I guess they are licensed. Either way, $80 for Snap-on, $20 from Amaz-on. They are literally identical.

WYQ6PLah.jpg

BodYah2h.jpg

SRP2B_v2.jpg

That's a really good deal. I wore one pair out and bought a decent used replacement for $40 on Ebay. Those are indispensable tool.

That's a really good deal. I wore one pair out and bought a decent used replacement for $40 on Ebay. Those are indispensable tool.
man i used a crap set of snap ring pliers all through high school and college and once i got a decent set it was almost life changing haha

• Haha
Reactions: PIP
About 22 years ago, bought this original pry bar set, before Harbor Freight existed, from a tool store on Harwin in Houston. Harwin was a street where you could buy fake Oakleys, designer handbags and cheap tools. The long pry bar of the set was lost years ago. The other two have survived tons of abuse and reshapings while protecting me from misguided blows. Happy to have stumbled upon these at Harbor Freight yesterday while buying replacements of other worn out tools.

Also, recently bought the new gel lock tite and prefer its stickiness over the traditional liquid.

View attachment 3340297

Ha, old post, but it brings back some memories.....I know the old Harwin road quite well!! My dad spent a lot of time down there picking up random tools he needed back in the day. We had a garage full of old school Craftsman (now in my garage) with some random "harbor freight-esque" Chicom crap mixed in from Harwin. :cool:

Been using an Eastwood hand crank bead roller for a while. Just added this Mitler Bros 36" adjustable bead roller to the shop.

434221583_743965547716046_6737492054423504619_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom