Should we have a "Newbies, introduce yourself here" thread

Separate thread for newbie introductions?

• Yes, definately

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • No, I don't mind scanning through all the newbie introductions

Votes: 38 63.3%
  • No, I've never looked at one

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Yes, but with stipulations

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
in the FJ40/55 section?just wondering. seems like new people take up a lot of space introducing themselves when it could all be done in one thread. Someone pointed out to me the older members might not greet people in the newbie thread if there was one. I think the members would still make everyone feel at home regardless.

Honestly, when I go to a forum I never check the "New members" sticky at the top of the forums. I don't mind the intro's - I think they allow the newbs to present themselves in an individual manner rather than getting lumped in with the masses of other newbs in the "new members" sticky thread. I don't think we need a sticky for this - its just fine the way it is. IMHO

I agree, if you don't want to read a newb intro, don't .We were all new at one point ,it's just more personal doing your own intro. My thoughts, anyway.

NWbie needs to understand some of the lingo.

Hi, Ive been buzzing in this forum for a while. As a newbie still trying to understand:grinpimp: some of the lingos and initials in some of the threads. Can we have a threads wereby all newbies can checks or ask some meaning of the words and initials used on the threads. Thanks
Allen

this is the best site ever dont change a thing

I don't mind the intro's - I think they allow the newbs to present themselves in an individual manner rather than getting lumped in with the masses of other newbs in the "new members" sticky thread. I don't think we need a sticky for this - its just fine the way it is. IMHO

X2 I agree!

HI! My name is s***h-ead and I don't have time to check the FAQ, but I want an immediate answer to my question. And I'll argue and insult anyone who does not agree with my learned diagnosis. All I'm looking for is affirmation of what I already know......Get it?!
I have a strange sound coming from my FJ40.........what exactly is it?

:flipoff2:

NoooDood:grinpimp:

Sounds like a bad motivator.......I think the Toshi station has some new ones.

Never a bad time for a line from Star Wars...:)

HI! My name is s***h-ead and I don't have time to check the FAQ, but I want an immediate answer to my question. And I'll argue and insult anyone who does not agree with my learned diagnosis. All I'm looking for is affirmation of what I already know......Get it?!

oh snap.

i gotta go clean myself

:doh:

I'm a newbie, and I kind of liked not being pushed into a "playpen" for my first post. That way people who might ordinarily skip the newbie section may actually see a newbie thread!

Being a newbie myself I have to say that it was nice having my own thread. It let people see just what I had to work with if they wanted. I recieved a lot of good feedback and support about starting my build and what mods I should do first in order to make my vehicle safe enough to play with. I think having your own thread lets you show people a timeline of what youve done, I havent touched mine in a while true, but thats just because I didnt take photos when I rebuilt my carb, put on the new soft top, or the new blinker everyone harped on me about. But at least my bezel was on right :flipoff2: .

*note this opinion does not reflect that of Ih8mud nor its forum users and is solely for the purpose of giving others my unneeded opinion. For further information one can reach me at 1 800 Dumb 20Somethin, you will be subjected to a 3 dollar connecting fee along with an additional 2.50 per minute, thank you for your time.

I would have to agree that I wouldn't read a Newbies check in here thread but I do occasionally check when new members post saying hi. Many times there they post up good pics. Maybe you will meet someone local to wheel with. This is the best site ever. Not need for the change.

The mods have discussed that a dozen times and agree that keeping the site personal means individual intro threads.

Glad to see many of the forum members agree!

Unfortunately, this is too often the case. There should be a mandatory minimum # of tech and FAQ pages read before being allowed to post.;)

Seriously, I frequented this site daily for over a year before even registering, and I still haven't read everything. This is my second username, I joined over a year before this one.

Impatience is most of the problem. 95% (or more) of 40 tech questions have been asked and answered. The odds of being here for a week and having an unasked question are pretty slim. Figuring out the idiosyncrasies of the Search function and you'll find answers quicker.

The only real problem is that noobs repeating the same question over and over pollutes and slows the search capabilities of Tech.

I would actually read a newb intro section, especially if they add pics. Love to see different rigs, and I pirate just about every decent pic of a 25/40/45/55 that I've found on the web.

HI! My name is ****h-ead and I don't have time to check the FAQ, but I want an immediate answer to my question. And I'll argue and insult anyone who does not agree with my learned diagnosis. All I'm looking for is affirmation of what I already know......Get it?!

too funny, I think that is a direct quote from a post I put up

LOL

Make it mandatory for them to have pics up before we answer anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom