September POTM - FJ55TLC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, the restored one closer to the Alpine Tunnel. Here is the lower one closer to Pitkin:
PXL_20210829_220203345.jpg

Yes. Flinging mud 20 feet high in South Dakota was enough for me to try and come up with a solution. I will eventually install them on the rear also. I really do not like mud.

Has the grade to the west portal been opened? Has the rock wall been repaired?
Not open and I was unable to get close enough to the Palisades to look at the wall, but I doubt it. Tomichi is also still closed due to rock slide just past the Brittle Silver Basin Mine. I was hoping to at least drive the shelf to the summit, but had to turn back. Did see a moose there though.
PXL_20210829_224650393.MP~2.jpg

Saw these four Mountain Goats at the Hancock Pass summit.
PXL_20210829_232124207.jpg

Thanks for the info. The last time we did Tomichi it was really sketchy at one point on the east side where a lot of the trail had slid away and the available roadway was NARROW!!!!!

You have such incredible access to awesome places

Napoleon pass runs parallel to the north side of Cumberland pass. It's pretty rough and narrow between the trees. I very much enjoyed it. It goes past the Gold Cup Mine that has some structures left standing. I have the video footage and will be releasing a YouTube video on it in the near(ish) future.
Hook us up with a link when you post your video!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom