SOLD SC: 1983 FJ40LX (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
North Augusta, South Carolina United States
Mileage
Color
Beige
Hey everyone. I am helping a local customer sell his 1983 FJ40LX that he imported last fall from Saudi Arabia. (Additionally he also has a 1982 that will be for sale in a separate thread.)

1983 FJ40LX
104,405 KMs
Asking 30K OBO

This the LX trim level with the unique “zebra stripe” interior, full floating rear axle, factory power steering, sliding rear windows, rear bench seat, factory A/C (currently inoperable)

I preformed a tune-up including:
-Plugs, wires, dizzy cap, rotor, timing set
- Valve adjust and new valve cover gasket
-PCV and grommet
-Fuel filter
-Thermostat
-Compression test: 135,135,135,130, 135,140

Additional new parts installed:
-Front and rear OEM bumpers
-OEM dash pad
-headliner
-OEM emblems
-Koito H4 headlights

Please see the link below for additional pictures and reach out to me with any questions.

Thanks!
JP

17E2D2FD-BFC7-4933-971C-A2977077E00D.jpeg
571D00EC-4FF5-45BD-8E64-E9D3A62EEE62.jpeg
1E5E3C3F-94D3-4824-8682-B1F502DD4EF7.jpeg
CFE96A3F-8277-4295-91A9-C7A31D6120C4.jpeg
1DE9856F-4040-47C9-95E2-0C50381FDE29.jpeg

Thanks @Bear I appreciate your kind words!

What baffles me about this whole situation is Sharpfj40 contacted me via PM over 10 days ago with some picture requests and a few questions to which I promptly replied. (though a VIN picture was not part of his request) in my reply I also included my personal cell number and encouraged him to contact me directly with anymore questions he may have.

I never heard another word from this gentleman over the next 10 days until he started posting his conspiracy theories about my customers 40 late Friday night.

So why he chose not to contact me directly and express his concerns is beyond me. Instead he chose to post his baseless conspiracy theories here in my for sale ad casting needless doubt over the validity of the LX when a simple call or text would have cleared this all up.

Regardless glad we can move on.

JP

Last edited:
Grounds to ban. Just saying:

"Unfortunately, it can’t be an actual 1977, with the wrong wipers, front badges, front marker lights, etc.
Does the engine number match the frame?"

Tone seems to align to the behavior.

Grounds to ban. Just saying:

"Unfortunately, it can’t be an actual 1977, with the wrong wipers, front badges, front marker lights, etc.
Does the engine number match the frame?"

Tone seems to align to the behavior.
Good catch!!! Gee wizz that dude is a special one. Not to mention owes JP a public apology.

Wanted to give a big shout out to @Sharpfj40 he went out of his way to call and apologize for how all this unfolded. Which I greatly appreciated, so it’s all “water under the bridge” now!

Now I just need some one to make an offer on this cool rare LX 😎

Question from the uneducated perspective, the second photo from the original post shows some sort of plate approximately 2 inches tall across the face of the rear sill extending across the back. Is that something specific to Middle Eastern models? What is its purpose? Please educate me. Thanks

Question from the uneducated perspective, the second photo from the original post shows some sort of plate approximately 2 inches tall across the face of the rear sill extending across the back. Is that something specific to Middle Eastern models? What is its purpose? Please educate me. Thanks
If you go back to the 2nd page the OP says it was added by the previous owner in Saudi.

@1MOA thanks for the assist! And @FJnoob2 sorry I missed your question. 1MOA is correct there are a couple of decorative or reinforcement plates that the Saudi owner added around the body at some point.

Man I can’t believe this thing is still available
Me too!! I don't get it.....I wonder if the current market would be different if the LX trim was available in the US back in the day? These trucks are highly desirable down in OZ right now.

Anyways great truck. All the hard to find parts are all there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom