SOLD SC: 1962 FJ40 FST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Everybody
I've got a 1962 FJ40 FST that I purchased from California a few years back it is a completely rot free body, though it is has plenty character and surface rust from being outside. When it came to me it was a bit of a 25/40 mutt. The hood, fenders, front bib at some point had been replaced with 25 body parts. I had planned on restoring this FST as it is a rare bird to begin with and very hard to find one that still has the original doors and bows which are unique to the '61-62 FJ40. To that point over the last fewer years I have slowly been collecting items to help bring it back to stock , 40 bib and bezel, correct front and rear seats, 40 rims and hubcaps, etc. The 40 is currently a roller as the original trans and t-case were removed years ago. I do not know the condition of the original engine other than it turns over by hand. This is certainly a full on project but it has great bones and lots of potential for a restoration or a driver build.

The Bad:
- No title comes with a bill of sale only
- The FST doors while present will need metal work, I am including a later set of FST doors to rebuild the originals with
- The original 3spd side shifter trans and t-case got water in them at some point and will require a full tear down, if you are going the resto. route

The Good:
- Rot free California body and patina if you're into that sort of thing :D
- A lot or uber rare hard to find items are present
- Knowing how expensive it is to ship a roller I will deliver for free with in 500 miles. I can deliver further if you cover the additional fuel costs and lodging

I am asking $8,000 Please post up or PM with any questions as I am sure I'm forgetting some details.

JP

Now to the important bit, pictures.
IMG_1798.JPG
IMG_1773.JPG
IMG_1774.JPG
IMG_1775.JPG
IMG_1776.JPG

Last edited:
more.

IMG_1786.JPG

FST door straps, New VIN plate, and FST door channels to repair the originals
IMG_1800.JPG
IMG_1801.JPG
IMG_1802.JPG

The one shiny bit on the truck :grinpimp:
IMG_1790.JPG

Such a cool truck , is this one of those situations where you have to wait 2 years for a title after you claim lost title at the DMV? And what state do you file for it etc ?

Thanks Dom335,
Not sure on the title situation as each state varies. Here in SC if a fairly straight forward process. You have to take the vehicle to the DMV to have them varify the VIN and them you fill out a lost title form and in 30-45 days you get a title as long as the VIN comes back clean.

You can get a CA title easy enough takes like 5 minutes ....

Hey Everybody
I've got a 1962 FJ40 FST that I purchased from California a few years back it is a completely rot free body, though it is has plenty character and surface rust from being outside. When it came to me it was a bit of a 25/40 mutt. The hood, fenders, front bib at some point had been replaced with 25 body parts. I had planned on restoring this FST as it is a rare bird to begin with and very hard to find one that still has the original doors and bows which are unique to the '61-62 FJ40. To that point over the last fewer years I have slowly been collecting items to help bring it back to stock , 40 bib and bezel, correct front and rear seats, 40 rims and hubcaps, etc. The 40 is currently a roller as the original trans and t-case were removed years ago. I do not know the condition of the original engine other than it turns over by hand. This is certainly a full on project but it has great bones and lots of potential for a restoration or a driver build.

The Bad:
- No title comes with a bill of sale only
- The FST doors while present will need metal work, I am including a later set of FST doors to rebuild the originals with
- The original 3spd side shifter trans and t-case got water in them at some point and will require a full tear down, if you are going the resto. route

The Good:
- Rot free California body and patina if you're into that sort of thing :D
- A lot or uber rare hard to find items are present
- Knowing how expensive it is to ship a roller I will deliver for free with in 500 miles. I can deliver further if you cover the additional fuel costs and lodging

I am asking $8,000 Please post up or PM with any questions as I am sure I'm forgetting some details.

JP

Now to the important bit, pictures.
View attachment 2082288View attachment 2082289View attachment 2082290View attachment 2082291View attachment 2082292
Is this still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom