SAS SAS #6 Official Thread Aug 1 - 5 2022 (2 Viewers)

SAS #6 Colors for Shirts and Trail Flags

• • Capri Blue

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • • Sky Blue

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • • Pollux Orange

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • • Freeborn Red

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • • Rustic Green

Votes: 21 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@joesfj40 I’d hit that “watch” button sooner rather than later.

Happy New Year SAS Family!
May we all have safe adventures and fun having them! Looking forward to spending more time with our Land Cruiser Family!!
⛰️🚙💨

Good afternoon everyone. We have a few more things to wrap up before launch but it will be within the next few days.
One thing that has come to light is that the KOA in Ouray is completely booked for the week of July 30- August 5th. This does not mean they won't have cancellations that will open up for our group so possibly getting on a wait list with them might be possible.

Solid Axle Summit LLC. does not have any association with the KOA other than we book our own sites that are big enough to support large gatherings of people.

There are several other places in the area that offer adequate camping, Hotel rooms, cabins ect..
Our registration area, raffle, morning trail meetings and complimentary coffee will still be available to those registered for SAS #7 at the KOA which is a short drive from Ouray proper. Staying at a different location should not deter you from signing up for a relaxing week in the fabulous San Juan mountains. We have a feeling that most if not all of the campsites in the back area are people planning on getting in this year.

With this I wish you all a good afternoon and may the odds be ever in your favor for registering. As always I will let you know when the site is open.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
Casey...

Good afternoon everyone. We have a few more things to wrap up before launch but it will be within the next few days.
One thing that has come to light is that the KOA in Ouray is completely booked for the week of July 30- August 5th. This does not mean they won't have cancellations that will open up for our group so possibly getting on a wait list with them might be possible.

Solid Axle Summit LLC. does not have any association with the KOA other than we book our own sites that are big enough to support large gatherings of people.

There are several other places in the area that offer adequate camping, Hotel rooms, cabins ect..
Our registration area, raffle, morning trail meetings and complimentary coffee will still be available to those registered for SAS #7 at the KOA which is a short drive from Ouray proper. Staying at a different location should not deter you from signing up for a relaxing week in the fabulous San Juan mountains. We have a feeling that most if not all of the campsites in the back area are people planning on getting in this year.

With this I wish you all a good afternoon and may the odds be ever in your favor for registering. As always I will let you know when the site is open.

Casey...
For the record , I stayed at the Ouray Inn for SAS#6 and we loved it! Not being at the KOA didn’t take away from the experience at all in our experience!

Good to know, thank you. 😊

Casey...
I know that registration hasn’t opened yet but did I miss a post where the dates were announced so that people could make reservations at the KOA ahead of time? Or was that info only available to a select few? Since the back area is filled up with people that are “planning on getting in” I’m guessing the later.

We try to do it around the first full week of August annually. It's not a big secret really. Folks typically reserve their camping spots a year out for the KOA.
Trying to make it for the first time . I guess I’ll figure it out. As you said, lots of choices in the area.

Last year the standard camp site were all booked, if one was willing to spring for a full hook up site they were available.
No guarantees though.

Good evening! New to the forum but not to SAS. I'm Muddy Feet's wife and when we left SAS last year I told him I really wanted an 80. Well, it didn't take much begging to get Muddy Feet in gear. I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do in the San Juans hopefully with SAS #7! I never knew you could love a truck this much!
Side note: Our first year we camped at 4J+1+1 RV Park in downtown Ouray and had a great time!

I know the dates have always been the first week of August, but with the first being on a Tuesday this year, what about starting things on the 7th instead? My reason is selfish, I’m required to be at work the first week of August this year.

Unfortunately we have several things that dictate the dates. We work around other events that function in the San Juan's and when school starts each year. There is also a good chance that if we schedule earlier in the season the passes and trails will be snowed in.

So the dates this year are august 1-7?
One thing that has come to light is that the KOA in Ouray is completely booked for the week of (July 30- August 5th). This does not mean they won't have cancellations that will open up for our group so possibly getting on a wait list with them might be possible.

Casey...

It does appear that KOA has one room, limited amenity cabins and RV sites available.

I have a tent site for the 30th to the 5th and unsure if I’m making the trip, so I’ll keep it to pass along if not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom