SAS SAS #6 Official Thread Aug 1 - 5 2022 (6 Viewers)

SAS #6 Colors for Shirts and Trail Flags

• • Capri Blue

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • • Sky Blue

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • • Pollux Orange

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • • Freeborn Red

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • • Rustic Green

Votes: 21 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You live in a industrial strip Mall 🤣😆:p
Oh my god, you caught me. I live in a metal roll door building 🙄

It’s my shop.

Bourbon themed items are starting to pour in for the raffle. A couple custom barrel heads from Woodford and Maker’s. Folks smarter than I are working on engine swaps and air compressor installations....... ...I’m more worried about how much bourbon my 60 can haul from Michigan to Colorado.

woodford.jpg

makers.jpg

I will definitely contribute even though i dont drink.
Parts delay have been killing me, waiting on my Fuel tank and harness and ecu.
How is the build coming?

One of the last boxes of parts needed to finish things up is in hand. Maybe in a few weeks I can have some time to work on the poor 62 which I haven't really touched since abondoning the mad rush to get it done for SAS5. I think 2 consecutive years in the diesel FJ40 was enough for Shelley. No more excuses.
20220405_210309.jpg

I have done a lot of maintenance and upgrades for this years wheeling season and getting excited about SAS6 !!!
Supper happy that my Son well be flying into Durango and driving over to Ouray for a few days of trail runs with us, so excited about this !!!
Sassy is excited too you can see her making her way down the stairs.

CAN'T WAIT to see Ya All and run some trails
1650119108160.png

Been pretty quiet in here. What is everyone doing to prepare for August? It'll be here before you know it.
Be Sure to check our growing Sponsor list for anything you may need.
Casey...

I was thinking the same thing this morning!
Gabe is busy on the 60 getting it ready for our shake down run next month! Finger crossed, we’re gonna take it to CO. 😁

‘Been pretty quiet in here. What is everyone doing to prepare for August? It'll be here before you know it.Be Sure to check our growing Sponsor list for anything you may need.Casey...’

When I get done with this month of travel for work, I will be redoing the engine and tuning all the upgrades. Then I will be focusing back on finishing up the interior.

Well, besides the boring stuff like brand new injectors, coolant change, brake fluid flush, new rotors and pads, longer brake lines, all new diff and gearbox fluids,

Got my fire extinguisher and got a locker in the front diff which also meant front axle rebuild. My truck came with electric hubs from the factory, so I’m changing out the swivel hubs, spindles, and wheel bearing hubs from a manual locking hub model.

B814BFE4-8F78-415F-A6A2-C3B2AA5830B9.jpeg

2795FAB7-9935-417E-AA07-56BBDBC8C9ED.jpeg

A74D0F9A-FD40-4559-B9D7-8B22F742E9C7.jpeg

A6FE8746-4654-466F-9390-8B886EDAFC50.jpeg

5F8FFF5F-6224-49A1-87E2-E1D530D44B5C.jpeg

MY TEST RUN:

Driving the 60 on 5/20/22 to Flagstaff, Az. to attend the Overland Expo 5/20-21. Then meeting a buddy & leaving 5/21 -5/27 to traverse the original Old Spanish Trail, beginning in Page, Az and across Az, Ut. & part of Nv. Off grid camping.

Should be a great test run.😊🙏

Last edited:
^^^
Wow, Frosty!

Already did my drip rails, oil galley plug, fresh shoes, valve adjustment and a full ignition refresh with a JimC dizzy. @mattressking is rebuilding my aisin carb which @HemiAlex will grace with his tune. I'm redoing a PO's crappy desmog job, manifold gasket, TC output seals, installing 4plus bumpers with @samc2447, will do some organizing in the back, then drive it and wait for something else to need attention.

Uh, engine, trans, tcase, and suspension swap in 3 months, easy.

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom