ROTW: Marmaduke HJ61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! Now that is a front axle. Realy dig the extended shock towers

Awesome build and rig you got there !!
Thanks for sharing !!!

To finish it off I regeared to 4.88 and went down a tire size to 37x13.5R17 toyo MTs on a set of Trail Ready beadlocks. Installed new shock hoops and redid a bunch of wiring and trimmed about 100lbs off the truck and scaled back the front bumper.

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Nice boots, I will most likely use that exact set as I think they look crazy awsome....:popcorn::popcorn::beer:

The 'Duke is bad ass! Nice looking rig...

I don't know how I missed this update. That truck looks incredible.

Last edited:
Trustafarian? Independently wealthy?

Me... just jealous. Sweet axles.

Great Rig neighbour.

I just bought a Hj-61 here in Calgary.
I have the same dilema with the trailer I am building, I want to be able to un-hook it on hills w/o it rolling. Your military trailer, did it not have a lever up front that engaged the brakes with a cable? The older ones did & I was going to build something like that, thinking of getting used wheels with emergency brakes.
FYI - the tach markings indicate that your trailer belonged to the "2nd Engineers", I thing they are in Edmonton now.
Kevin

Thanks everyone!

The trailer did have the drum brake but I wanted a wider axle and cruiser bolt pattern so I though i would give this a try. It didn't work. The inner axle stub needs to float (Like in the truck) and not be welded solid. (or it needs to be PERFECTLY aligned) or you get melting hubs.

The trailer did come out of the Garison in Edmonton.

The trailer is going through some modifications this week (hopefully done by Christmas) New hitch, wider fenders, recessed LED lights, rear hitch receiver ect.

IMG00093.jpg

IMG00094.jpg

IMG00092.jpg

IMG00091.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, i like the trailer...
I'm planning to use a spare ff axle spoa for mine some day. Telescopic hitch would also be on my list, alike yours.
I think I would just use the stock brakes on the ff, good enough for parking the trailer at any angle.

Are you making a lid?
At this point I'm leaning towards a canopy, using the original soft top.
It's supports are just held in place in 1 x 1 in tubes or so.
I'm probably making a lid that attaches in the same pattern.

What other mods will the trailer see?

Sent from Android Tapatalk

Yup, I have a lid for it. It's your typical 6" raised lid. A buddy actually had it mad an it was a little "off" so they made him a second one and I got the first. I will most likely put an aluminum box up front, gas cans on the front sides and a small propane tank somewhere.

I will also make mounts for my roof top tent.

I'm waiting until I can legally import a HJ61 into the U.S. Beautiful Rig. Just keeps getting better.

Wow the 'Duke has changed since the last encounter in the North!
That rig is looking good Brad!

A few more updates on the trailer.

Got the hitch done

IMG_0729.jpg

Working on the rear bumper/lights/fender combo

IMG_0730.jpg

Not exactly how I thought it was going to turn out but I am happy with them. I just need to add some gusseting to the receiver and start on the fenders:

IMG_0781.jpg
[/quote]

Making slow progress.

Fender frames are welded (just need some grinding) and the sheet is bent and needs to be fit and welded up.

15" fenders are WIDE. Yikes.

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

Some more progress pictures. The fenders are basically done. I just need to add some straps to hold down the NATO cans.

Next step is wiring, a removable/swing down leg, and getting hinges on the lid.

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

Mother of God i have Rig envy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom