ROTW: Marmaduke HJ61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BlackHilklsCruiserClassic2006062.jpg

rivershivermag.jpg

moremay05141.jpg

may05073.jpg

DSC06818copy.jpg

Apr2405067.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me post up my rig on the first ROTW!!

and none of this would be possible with out my beautiful wife,

wedding038.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Totally gives me inspiration to tackle my project truck. Seems insignificant compared to the 'duke! :D

Still my favorite stuck pic, with the ice debacle. I laugh every time. :D

Cheers, keep 'er rollin!

Thats one of the sickest rigs I've seen, and that front bumper looks like its staight out of Mad Max. Great job!!!

I love your rig! Actually its part of my screensaver, but a picture not from this thread, found it in a Googlesearch long time ago, Amazing how you have done everything, and how everything goes so well together, performancewise (judging from the videos and the pics) and lookswise.
Marmaduke has been a great inspiration, and still is!
Btw the pic from my screensaver:D:
junk017sm copy.jpg

This newb can only dream that some day his stock 1989 FJ62 will have half the cajones of Marmaduke. Nice rig.

Just an update:

intercooler is in. Ful write up can be found here: 12H-T intercooler instal

intercooler011.jpg

I have installed a heat exchanger from SEC and 12V sur flo pump for a on board shower. I will have to get a better shot of the pump and exchanger. I plumbed the inlet and out let to my front bumper. I hope they don't get knocked off hanging out like they do.

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

Onto the tire rack and fuel storage. The problem with running big tires is that you need a big spare. I was running a set of Michelin XMLs prior to the Toyos and the best of the lot got spare tire duty, that's a 325/85R16. I stole the design from other bumpers I found on the net.

IMG_0456.jpg

28-04-08_0753.jpg

The fuel rack turned out well. Room for two scepter cans. Ii just need to incorporate a license plate holder and maybe a shovel/axe holder.

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

I was inspired by KMR from www.wagongear.com on his under wagon fuel storage using the AT fuel can holder and decided to build my own. Because of the body lift and no spare under the truck I have lots of room. i would love a long range fuel tank but trying to find one is a PITA and they are $$$$. I still need to do the mounting, I think it will be hinged at one end and bolted up on the bottom side of the rear bumper. So far:

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

Last edited:
Just thought I would give another update on the truck. We have made a few trips up north (alaska, NWT, Yukon) and absolutely love the truck.

IMG_4801.jpg

IMG_4790.jpg

On out last adventure to try and conquer the Canol Road (damn shrubbery!) I ran into a few issues and managed to bend both the front and rear axle housings.

IMG_4569.jpg

IMG_4580.jpg

So in the quest to build the ultimate toyota axle, I started collecting parts:

six shooter knuckes and Lukes 6 stud arms (with ARP hardware) and Marlins upgrade pins and bearings:

IMG00398.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG00396.jpg

I also went with wider axles to get rid of the spacers and help with the leverage issue that caused the bending in the first place. 80 series with disks and poly pro axles in the rear and a Diamond housing up front with longfields:

IMG00399.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_4991.jpg

IMG_4999.jpg

IMG00011.jpg

IMG00016.jpg

To finish it off I regeared to 4.88 and went down a tire size to 37x13.5R17 toyo MTs on a set of Trail Ready beadlocks. Installed new shock hoops and redid a bunch of wiring and trimmed about 100lbs off the truck and scaled back the front bumper.

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom