Builds ROTW II - 619TOY - 1997 Lx450 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which Garmin model are you running...hard to see in the photo. Is it the 60CSx? How do you like it? Bye the way, bad ass truck!

Thanks.

Yes, it's a 60CSx. I really like it but I have to admit that I haven't spent enough time getting familiar with it yet. I only have the Topo software as I have no intention of using it as a navigation unit. I would like to be able to rename the waypoints that I add while wheeling on my computer later but haven't been able to figure out how. I also notice that if I leave it for a month or so without using it, it kills the batteries.

Great LX...I love the draw system, if I had the skills I would make one just like it ;)

I like the Line-X on the drawers. Did you finish it that way for the dogs to get "grip", or do they ride in boxes? I think I may be going the Line-X route, I hate to cover the nice finish I have but I hate trying to keep the nice finish from getting scratched.

Oh yea, nice rig.
DCP_1443.JPG

STeve, Nice Rig...I think I saw you on the 5 the other day as I was leaving SD heading back to LA. There will have to be a thread continuation with all the post Rubithon action shots.

STeve, Nice Rig...I think I saw you on the 5 the other day as I was leaving SD heading back to LA.

Thanks again guys. I was on the 805 on Sunday in SD, other wise it must have been another LX450:D

There will have to be a thread continuation with all the post Rubithon action shots.

Absolutely! However, I'm a little concerned that they may involve some crushed in sheet metal:rolleyes:

Santee

I thought i saw you the other day in Santee. You must live nearby, I also caught the location of the pictures as mission trails. Very cool rig. Maybe one of these days I can hook up with the socal 80's group when not going out with the TLCA beach & toys group.

Gave me some inspiration to get back to work on my 80 after a short time off.

im looking into installing the slee 6" lift and i was planning on driving the truck very often on the road. How are the driving habits of your rig with this lift on it. I know it wont make evasive moves nearly as well but as far as ride and sqeaks and stuff like that how do you think it is overall. Like i said i plan to do a lot of highway miles and trail miles with my truck and i am trying to figure if i just want a four inch or a six inch lift. I love the look of your rig and i will probably do mine very similar. Clean yet very capable.

Did you build those drawers all by yourself? If you did, I would like to buy set for my rig, those drawers are probably the one of the best setups on this forum.

How are the driving habits of your rig with this lift on it. I know it wont make evasive moves nearly as well but as far as ride and sqeaks and stuff like that how do you think it is overall. Like i said i plan to do a lot of highway miles and trail miles with my truck and i am trying to figure if i just want a four inch or a six inch lift.

If I were putting alot of highway miles on it, I wouldn't do a 6" lift. The characteristics of the suspension are fine but the bigger tires involved really weigh heavily on the power. There is also greater potential for driveline vibrations. If I had an 80 that I knew was going to driven on the highway alot, I'd probably do an OME lift and 33's.

Did you build those drawers all by yourself? If you did, I would like to buy set for my rig, those drawers are probably the one of the best setups on this forum.

I did build them myself. There is a link detailing the process in post #16. Unfortunately, they are not an over the counter type part, you'd have to build them youself as well or have someone local to you do it.

Feel free to steal as many of my ideas as you like;) That's what they're here for.

Steve,
Nice write up. I'm gonna try and stick my Uniden 520 in the ashtray spot before CM08. Thanks for your help on my projects as well. It's help like that that makes Mud what it is. Hopefully, one day we'll get a chance to meet up. Until then...

...keep up the great work!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Nick

Steve,
I got my 520 in the dash. Did you have to hardwire the antenna to get it as flush as you did? Sorry if this was covered elsewhere (1st ROTW, etc.).
Thanks,
Nick

Excellent build Steve! I love how your 80 looks so neat and understated, when it's really such a beast! :clap:
You guys in the US have the best barwork available. Your rear bar is making me drool, and the Slee front bar is looking better each time i see one. Your drawers are incredible too and i know a lot of people would pay alot of money to have a set like that, but i guess they'll just have to get busy with the tools in the shed hey?! :wrench:
Thanks for sharing, great write-up. :cheers:

Steve,
Did you have to hardwire the antenna to get it as flush as you did?

Thanks again guys.

Yeah, I did it just like the tech article on Slee's site, with exception of adding brackets. I also mounted my speaker up under the driver's dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom